What are you watching on the TV-elly?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 10/14/2020 15:49
  • Post subject:
I've been watching Succession and Lovecraft Country, the first of which is uniformly excellent - funny and oddly moving in unexpected ways, full of nuanced character studies - and the second of which is messy and ambitious and sporadically transcendent (the episode set during the Korean War, and the one that just aired set during the Tulsa '21 massacre, are two of the best episodes of television I've ever seen; the former - had it been stretched over 90 minutes and released cinematically - would've made for a genuinely brilliant film with a rabid cult fanbase). TV is wild these days.
NewsFromHome

• Posted: 10/15/2020 18:50
  • Post subject:
Just finished Fleabag. No one talk to me for a week.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 10/21/2020 20:43
  • Post subject:
Hoping everyone here catches Byrne's American Utopia. Just a blast. Even more so in a concert-deprived year.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 10/21/2020 21:44
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Hoping everyone here catches Byrne's American Utopia. Just a blast. Even more so in a concert-deprived year.

Caught it live 2 years ago Mr. Green Though I guess the Broadway show was even better.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
theblueboy

• Posted: 08/16/2021 08:33
  • Post subject:
Mythic quest. It’s good stuff.
theblueboy

• Posted: 08/16/2021 08:41
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
Caught it live 2 years ago Mr. Green Though I guess the Broadway show was even better.

I only just saw Stop Making Sense for the first time a few weeks ago. It was great, ofcourse. Will certainly keep an eye out for American Utopia.
theblueboy

• Posted: 09/06/2021 20:27
  • Post subject:
The Morning Show. It’s another good one (mostly) from Reece Witherspoon’s production company (which I think has something to do with her book club). I’m finding it a bit slow in places and the examination of the politics of a tv news production team is only mildly interesting. But the way the show explores #MeToo is genuinely thought provoking and skilfully handled. There’s lots of good performances too, Aniston especially.

Also just finished the second season of Joe Pera talks to you. This show is unbelievably charming, human and uplifting. It’s beyond great.
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 09/08/2021 15:24
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
I've been watching Succession and Lovecraft Country, the first of which is uniformly excellent - funny and oddly moving in unexpected ways, full of nuanced character studies - and the second of which is messy and ambitious and sporadically transcendent (the episode set during the Korean War, and the one that just aired set during the Tulsa '21 massacre, are two of the best episodes of television I've ever seen; the former - had it been stretched over 90 minutes and released cinematically - would've made for a genuinely brilliant film with a rabid cult fanbase). TV is wild these days.

Haven't seen Lovecraft Country, but echoing praise for Succession, which is probably my favourite recent show and thankfully a new season is only around the corner, everyone watch it if you haven't already.

In our house we're currently burning through The Sopranos and Attack on Titan, every episode is really taking it's toll on me at this point (in a good way)...

• Visit poster's website
rockbluesfolkjaz

United States

• Posted: 09/16/2021 15:39
  • Post subject:
My wife and I have been watching "Chance," starring Hugh Laurie and Gretchen Mol. We're into season 2 now. Very good. I believe it's on Hulu.
theblueboy

• Posted: 11/10/2021 19:20
  • Post subject:
Dang, Little America is brilliant. I started fighting off tears half way through Ep. 5 but it was no use even trying to hold them off for about 15mins straight. Plus, three Dusty songs on the soundtrack -it’s like they saw me coming and decided to set traps. That was one of the best episodes of tv I have ever seen. Well played Alan Yang. Well played indeed.