What are you watching on the TV-elly?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 12/03/2023 07:09
  • Post subject:
Anybody else watching Nathan Fielder's latest escapade, The Curse?
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 12/03/2023 13:47
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Anybody else watching Nathan Fielder's latest escapade, The Curse?

Course. Very unique bit of work. Looking forward to how it turns out.
Safdie's put on two of the most surprisingly transformative roles of the year imo. He's been fantastic.
(Haven't watched EP4 yet)

Don't think I've ever seen a piece of media bash 'HGTV-esque' stuff before. It's been great.

Like most of Fielder's stuff, awkward and refreshing.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 12/04/2023 14:05
  • Post subject:
Short animated series are slowly becoming my fave thing to watch. This year we've had Scott Pilgrim Takes Off (excellent), Blue Eye Samurai (one of the best shows I've ever watched until the last episode, unfortunately) and Scavengers Reign (halfway through, it's incredible).

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 12/04/2023 16:00
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
Short animated series are slowly becoming my fave thing to watch. This year we've had Scott Pilgrim Takes Off (excellent), Blue Eye Samurai (one of the best shows I've ever watched until the last episode, unfortunately) and Scavengers Reign (halfway through, it's incredible).

I started Scavengers Reign with my youngest who is into all things dystopian <kids the4se days! Laughing > and loved it! We'll have to see if she wants to continue watching it.

Right now we're finishing up DARK < which she absolutely LOVES > and just starting The OA. We also binged the first season of Squid Games which was a lot of fun! Far more violent and gut wrenching than I thought it was going to be!!

Oh! Another GREAT show that kickstarted all this for us was Tales From The Loop on Amazon. Kinda like a modern day Twilight Zone. We LOVED it!
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 01/15/2024 01:14
  • Post subject:
Well, I expected The Curse to go off the rails at some point.

But I did not expect that last half hour of episode 10. Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/12/2024 02:47
  • Post subject:
Mr & Mrs Smith is sensational. While I've never seen the original, I can't imagine it being this good— and Brad and Angelina got married blah blah blah, but the chemistry between Glover and Erskine is phenomenal, and it showcases the duo's acting chops in stunning versatility (particularly the 2nd and 8th episodes). Directing by Hiro Murai, Glover, Amy Seimetz & Karena Evans was outstanding, and the stacked list of guest stars aren't just cameos— Dano, Turturro, Horgan, Paulson, Posey, Moura, Perlman and Michaela Coel all really bring it (whether comedic, antagonistic, dramatic, action-oriented— even Alexander Skarsgård and Eiza González have a firecracker of an opening scene)— can't recommend it enough— fit the TV medium perfectly too... not sure it would have worked as a film.

Disappointed in the audience reaction so far... I almost ended up skipping it— and certainly went into it with a lower expectation than it deserved. Glover brings a different atmosphere here than he does with Atlanta or Swarm (it is an action-comedy after all), but it's still his A-game.

And I know this sounds terrible— and I can't believe I'm saying it— but I'm glad Phoebe Waller-Bridge dropped out. Erskine was such a better fit. The dynamic of the two leads draws you in from the start and never lets you go. I'm assuming Waller-Bridge was going to lean more Killing Eve than Fleabag, but I think Glover's genre-blurring tinge of American comedic grit suited it best.

Hope BEA gives it a shot. Not sure why it isn't getting the hype is deserves. I'm gonna blame... I dunno— maybe Jeff Bezos or the Amazon marketing team or sumthin—

I might just go rewatch the entire thing. Almost has this feel-good dopamine effect about it. Electric stuff.
  • Visit poster's website
melisandre

• Posted: 02/14/2024 10:26
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Mr & Mrs Smith is sensational. While I've never seen the original, I can't imagine it being this good— and Brad and Angelina got married blah blah blah, but the chemistry between Glover and Erskine is phenomenal, and it showcases the duo's acting chops in stunning versatility (particularly the 2nd and 8th episodes). Directing by Hiro Murai, Glover, Amy Seimetz & Karena Evans was outstanding, and the stacked list of guest stars aren't just cameos— Dano, Turturro, Horgan, Paulson, Posey, Moura, Perlman and Michaela Coel all really bring it (whether comedic, antagonistic, dramatic, action-oriented— even Alexander Skarsgård and Eiza González have a firecracker of an opening scene)— can't recommend it enough— fit the TV medium perfectly too... not sure it would have worked as a film.

Disappointed in the audience reaction so far... I almost ended up skipping it— and certainly went into it with a lower expectation than it deserved. Glover brings a different atmosphere here than he does with Atlanta or Swarm (it is an action-comedy after all), but it's still his A-game.

And I know this sounds terrible— and I can't believe I'm saying it— but I'm glad Phoebe Waller-Bridge dropped out. Erskine was such a better fit. The dynamic of the two leads draws you in from the start and never lets you go. I'm assuming Waller-Bridge was going to lean more Killing Eve than Fleabag, but I think Glover's genre-blurring tinge of American comedic grit suited it best.

Hope BEA gives it a shot. Not sure why it isn't getting the hype is deserves. I'm gonna blame... I dunno— maybe Jeff Bezos or the Amazon marketing team or sumthin—

I might just go rewatch the entire thing. Almost has this feel-good dopamine effect about it. Electric stuff.

Yep, saw the the first too episodes and it was much better than expected. Much smarter than I thought it would be (I didn’t realise Glover produced/ wrote before I watched). I agree, it deserves more hype. It fits with the Killing Eve/ Barry trend of witty, off-beat, and more human thrillers.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 02/16/2024 22:24
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Mr & Mrs Smith is sensational. While I've never seen the original, I can't imagine it being this good— and Brad and Angelina got married blah blah blah,

The movie was a remake.

Link
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/17/2024 16:15
  • Post subject:
mickilennial wrote:
The movie was a remake.

Suppose it's come full circle Laughing
  • Visit poster's website