Musical Paint

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Will music become the paint of the future?
Yes
47%
 47%  [8]
No
52%
 52%  [9]
Total Votes : 17

Kiki

• Posted: 02/09/2014 02:08
  • Post subject: Musical Paint
Do you think music will replace paint as the choice substance for decorating homes in the future? Will it play a bigger role in decoration than paint and wallpaper do today?

First of all music is a lot more popular than paint. If you look at the sales of paint cans of all types compared to the sales of CDs and MP3 downloads you would find music is a much larger money maker. Add the fact there is no illegal downloading in the paint world and it does paint a clear picture of music's dominance in realms of popularity. I mean there is no Best Ever Paints isn't there? No custom charts based on obscure shades and variations of yellow, no arguments about the legitimacy of acrylic and Crimson hasn't taken the top spot on a single chart just like Alkaline Trio.

Secondly music is going places it has never done before. Bedroom artists are at the most they have been in years and creativity is getting dangerously high. There is no going back now and music is going to find itself in places you may never have dreamed of.

With this in mind, what if music becomes as or more important than paint is now for say... decorating the walls of your home? Musical wallpaper if you will. Instead of getting those buckets and brushes out the walls can instead be lathered with sound. You could change the tones of your living room to something which calms your soul, something which eases the tension. Maybe in the kitchen you could have something which changes tempo based on how quickly you chop the vegetables. The washing machine sound can be drowned out by concerto of violins. How will the walls look you ask? Well just how music looks I answer! Smile Like the Visualizations for Windows Media Player but instead looking... more like... how music would look.

Basically the future is on the way and you can't stop it. It's a matter of how popular the idea will become not if it will it or won't take off at all.
creator

United States

• Posted: 02/09/2014 02:38
  • Post subject:
So walls are replaced by massive screens with visualizers and speakers? Interesting. I'd love to have a speaker system throughout my house that is synced up with my phone or computer, but I'd prefer ambient lighting to resonate with the mood of the song instead of the visualizer.

Oh, and Maybe I'll Catch Fire is the best Alkaline Trio album because it has "Radio." Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 02/09/2014 07:41
  • Post subject: Re: Musical Paint
an_outlaw wrote:
Do you think music will replace paint as the choice substance for decorating homes in the future? Will it play a bigger role in decoration than paint and wallpaper do today?

It already has.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 02/09/2014 10:28
an_outlaw wrote:
First of all music is a lot more popular than paint. If you look at the sales of paint cans of all types compared to the sales of CDs and MP3 downloads you would find music is a much larger money maker. Add the fact there is no illegal downloading in the paint world and it does paint a clear picture of music's dominance in realms of popularity. I mean there is no Best Ever Paints isn't there? No custom charts based on obscure shades and variations of yellow, no arguments about the legitimacy of acrylic and Crimson hasn't taken the top spot on a single chart just like Alkaline Trio.

Laughing
Saoirse

• Posted: 02/09/2014 10:33
an_outlaw wrote:

Secondly music is going places it has never done before. Bedroom artists are at the most they have been in years and creativity is getting dangerously high. There is no going back now and music is going to find itself in places you may never have dreamed of.

With this in mind, what if music becomes as or more important than paint is now for say... decorating the walls of your home? Musical wallpaper if you will. Instead of getting those buckets and brushes out the walls can instead be lathered with sound. You could change the tones of your living room to something which calms your soul, something which eases the tension. Maybe in the kitchen you could have something which changes tempo based on how quickly you chop the vegetables. The washing machine sound can be drowned out by concerto of violins. How will the walls look you ask? Well just how music looks I answer! Smile Like the Visualizations for Windows Media Player but instead looking... more like... how music would look.

Basically the future is on the way and you can't stop it. It's a matter of how popular the idea will become not if it will it or won't take off at all.

an_outlaw an hour earlier wrote:

oh my focking lord Alkaline Trio oh sweet meomories
drakonium
coucou

France

• Posted: 02/09/2014 13:07
  • Post subject:
Waking up to this thread is the best thing ever, thanks outlaw Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 02/09/2014 16:48
  • Post subject:
That's a cool idea! I support it.

Maybe some cool synthesis of the two, Eno's work with light and music comes to mind.

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Cymro2011
The Beatles were objectively average

United Kingdom

• Posted: 02/09/2014 16:57
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw: Confirmed druggy.
  • Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 02/09/2014 18:18
an_outlaw wrote:
First of all music is a lot more popular than paint. If you look at the sales of paint cans of all types compared to the sales of CDs and MP3 downloads you would find music is a much larger money maker.

Did you research this? I need a detailed analysis. Pie charts please. And how is this measured? does one paint can = 1 album. seems unfair. One paint can can cover a large surface for a long amount of time. And how does wallpaper factor into this?
  • Visit poster's website
Goodsir

• Posted: 02/09/2014 18:50
  • Post subject:
Beautiful.