0%  [0]
www.thefiftyonefifty.com
68%
 68%  [13]
Total Votes : 19

Puncture Repair

• Posted: 03/07/2014 14:45
  • Post subject: The Blog: Technicalities
lethalnezzle and I are going to start the ball rolling for the blog again, as some of you have read in the old thread, and we're hoping to get content published sometime this summer.

Before we can really start anything there are a few technicalities we need to decide on. Unless anyone has any outright objections, we will likely rent an American server to host the blog on with a .com domain, but we still need to decide on the domain name itself. The last poll decided on the name 'The Fifty-One Fifty', however this could translate into a name of domain names - 'the5150.com', 'fiftyonefiftymedia.com' etc. Post below what you think would be best, and if there isn't an obvious choice, I'll add a poll to this thread.

Secondly, the idea for this blog came around before a number of newer users were around on the site, so we'd like to say: help is still wanted. nezzle will be sorting out who's creating content and helping elsewhere, but I'd like to reach out to any new members who can help behind the scenes. I'm a graphic designer, and while I know enough to get by, I'm far from being a programmer. It would be invaluable to have someone who knows how to write HTML, CSS, maybe JavaScript, or someone with knowledge surrounding MySQL databases. Anyone with this sort of know-how will be welcomed, so feel free to speak up and be known.

The only other thing for now, I think, is I created a cheeky logo for the blog when the name was decided, but this should not be seen as something final.

Any others entries or suggestions will be very welcome.

Cheers for the help guys as always, and hopefully we'll start seeing progress very soon.

Last edited by Puncture Repair on 03/08/2014 19:20; edited 1 time in total
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 03/07/2014 15:21
  • Post subject:
I'm still very much in favor of this and literally anything I can do to help, I'll do it. I don't know anything about web developing though, unfortunately, but I can do anything else we need. Naturally, like I said in the previous thread, I'd love to contribute content.

As for the domain, ".com" is cool with me, and I think that we should go for "the5150.com", stick with the numbers so it remains consistent with out logo (which looks great). Obviously, if that domain isn't available we'll change it.

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 03/07/2014 16:05
  • Post subject:
i think www.the5150.com would be a good domain.

From what I can tell, it doesn't exist, or is inactive Think One of the two.

I'm really excited to see this take off Smile I think it could really be great. Like, we have enough people to write constantly about new music that we could probably do 30-50 reviews a week.
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 03/07/2014 16:14
  • Post subject:
Yep I agree with the5150. Just easier for people to remember and better looking imo.

And the logo looks great too. Simple yet memorable.
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 03/07/2014 16:18
  • Post subject:
I should have checked, but www.the5150.com is already registered, so unfortunately it's out of the question - as is 5150.com
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 03/07/2014 16:21
  • Post subject:
Could we just add something to it? Like "music" or "reviews" or something? I think having the numbers is significantly better than spelling the whole thing out.
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 03/07/2014 16:31
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Could we just add something to it? Like "music" or "reviews" or something? I think having the numbers is significantly better than spelling the whole thing out.

Yep, 'www.the5150music.com' and 'www.the5150reviews.com' are both available. Not sure about 'reviews' though, I think that limits the content a little. Music or Media would be good suffixes imo.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 03/07/2014 16:34
  • Post subject:
I know it isn't the current preference, but www.thefiftyonefifty.com isn't taken.
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 03/07/2014 17:35
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
I know it isn't the current preference, but www.thefiftyonefifty.com isn't taken.

We could do that. Or we could do something like the5150music.com or 5150music.com

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 03/07/2014 17:42
  • Post subject:
First off, just wanna say I love y'all.

Next, I'd say the5150music.com is pretty fabulous. I'm for that.

Next, the logo is baller. Love it!

Next, I'm willing to contribute content, sure, and if anything else is needed that you all need help with let me know. I was active on the forums when this was originally mentioned and discussed so your communication was not to me. I'm just renewing my interest. I don't know what help I can be. I have no knowledge or experience with basically any technical aspect of anything on computers. Kinda lame. Hell I don't even have a working computer, I have only done literally every thing you've ever seen from me on this site on my old ass iPhone 4. No joke.

Lastly, I'm very very excited about this project and I appreciate what you, Puncture Repair and Lethalnezzle, are doing with this.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website