Ask (track) by The Smiths
Ask appears on the following album(s) by The Smiths:
- Louder Than Bombs (track #13) (compilation) (1987)
- The World Won't Listen (track #2) (compilation) (1987)
- The Sound Of The Smiths (track #17) (this album) (compilation) (2008)
- Singles (track #12) (compilation) (1995)
- ...Best II (track #4) (compilation) (1992)
- The Very Best Of The Smiths (track #4) (compilation) (2001)
- Rank (track #4) (1988)
- Complete (track #44) (compilation) (2011)
- Complete (track #72) (compilation) (2011)
- Complete (track #101) (compilation) (2011)
Go to store
Go to store
Go to store
Listen to Ask on YouTube
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this track. | Show all 28 ratings for this track.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Track ratings||Avg. track rating|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some tracks can have several thousand ratings)
This track is rated in the top 4% of all tracks on BestEverAlbums.com. This track has a Bayesian average rating of 82.0/100, a mean average of 81.3/100, and a trimmed mean (excluding outliers) of 84.1/100. The standard deviation for this track is 22.5.
Be the first to add a comment for this track - add your comment!
Your feedback for Ask
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.