2014-15 NBA Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Who do you think will win 2014-15 NBA title?
Cleveland
10%
 10%  [2]
Chicago
5%
 5%  [1]
Toronto
5%
 5%  [1]
San Antonio
10%
 10%  [2]
LA Clippers
10%
 10%  [2]
OKC
21%
 21%  [4]
Golden State
31%
 31%  [6]
Portland
5%
 5%  [1]
Other
0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes : 19

junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 12/19/2014 21:20
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
no one voting for the raps bea youre a joke

To be fair, nobody expected them to be 1st in the East at this point. Not even Rod Black.

That said, I'm super stoked by their start this year. They still have some issues (Vasquez FG %, Valanciunas and Ross' inconsistency, poor D in 1st Q), but they have the best bench in the NBA. When Derozan gets back, watch out. The only thinkg they're missing is experience (huge in the playoffs. See San Antonio.).
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 12/19/2014 21:24
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
Such a smart move. They gave up quite a bit, but Rondo is exactly what the Mavs needed to take them over the top. The West just looks ridiculous now with the Mavs, Warriors, Grizz, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers. The playoffs should be extremely fun to watch with all of these teams.

The Nets are likely to deal Deron Williams and Brooke Lopez, which could further load up a contender or 2.

This season has definitely revitalized my interest in the NBA. I was a Warriors fan back in the days of Hardaway, Mullin, Sprewell and Webber, and this team has really given me a team to care about again. God knows New York's teams are unlikeable.

Rondo's great, but no guarantee. Not that Dallas needs it, but he has no jump shot (and his free throw % is bad in most seasons, horrible this year). He drives and distributes, which is a good fit for the shooters on the Mavs, and he's a great perimeter defender. He's not 1984 Magic Johnson, however.

Williams is half the player he used to be, but will definitely be an asset to a contender (provided Brooklyn doesn't think they have one last gasp left). I don't see the Nets moving Lopez unless the return was huge.
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 12/19/2014 21:36
  • Post subject:
junodog4 wrote:
Rondo's great, but no guarantee. Not that Dallas needs it, but he has no jump shot (and his free throw % is bad in most seasons, horrible this year). He drives and distributes, which is a good fit for the shooters on the Mavs, and he's a great perimeter defender. He's not 1984 Magic Johnson, however.

Williams is half the player he used to be, but will definitely be an asset to a contender (provided Brooklyn doesn't think they have one last gasp left). I don't see the Nets moving Lopez unless the return was huge.

Yeah, you hit on exactly why Rondo should be great for the Mavs. They don't need a shooter. He can just do what he does best and create opportunities.

No one is 1984 Magic Johnson. Greatest PG ever.
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 12/19/2014 21:41
  • Post subject:
Just wanted to say Oscar Robertson is greatest PG ever. Okay, bye.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 12/19/2014 21:54
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:

Hard to argue against that. Never saw him play though.

I grew up watching Magic do this stuff:

Link

• Visit poster's website
Silver

• Posted: 12/19/2014 22:35
  • Post subject:
Probably agree that Magic was the best, but Robertson is a strong second. I just don't think anyone redefined the position as much as Magic.

As far as Rondo goes though, I do think he'll fit in really well with Dallas. He's shown he can play really well with other all-star level players in the past and he's one of the best PGs in the world when motivated. He'll be motivated in Dallas, Carlisle will use him as well as anyone could, and if there are any lingering concerns about his health, Dallas has one of the top medical staffs in the league and we normally manage to make perennially injured guys become stable. Getting a PG like Rondo is exactly what the Mavs needed to do to really put them on the same playing field as the Spurs, Grizz, and of course my Warriors. If they end up meeting in the playoffs I'll still be rooting for the Warriors, but I'll be really conflicted about it. Either team could win it all. But then again, so could like, seven others in the West.
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 12/21/2014 04:19
  • Post subject:
I'm no Mavs fan, but I imagine that for anyone who is a Mavs fan there is no more poetic and perfect of a start to the Rondo era in Dallas than beating up the Spurs. And despite a cold night shooting from rondo (and dirk and parsons too) Monta was a beast and rondo was his dime dropping self and parsons and Chandler were dominant on the boards! And the bench played pretty good to boot.

Like I said, I will be very interested in this team going forward.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Silver

• Posted: 12/21/2014 04:52
  • Post subject:
Well, it would have been nice if we coulda got a win over the actual Spurs too, but I'll take any W. Monta was absolutely crazy tonight, I love that man. Rondo had a couple awkward moments in the game, but he got to flash some of his brilliant playmaking and he defended really well throughout, I've got nothing but excitement for him going forward. And we're not going to be so cold every night, so he's gonna have a field day with us pretty soon, I can tell. Things are looking good in Dallas.

Although it did really suck to not see Brandon coming in off the bench and getting those crazy lobs he always has. I'm gonna tune into some Celts games just to keep up with him, he was really one of our favorite players. Such is NBA life.
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 12/22/2014 02:29
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:

Cut to a shot of Isiah Thomas going "Heeeeeyyyy"

Link

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
Silver

• Posted: 12/24/2014 05:52
  • Post subject:
I am in such a fucking bad mood because of those stupid fucking Lakers. Fuck everything.