Who would be your favorite lead singer of a metal band?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Who would be your favorite lead singer of a metal band?
Gollum
25%
 25%  [2]
Darth Sidious
12%
 12%  [1]
Joffrey Baratheon
0%
 0%  [0]
Pennywise The Clown
37%
 37%  [3]
Hans Landa
0%
 0%  [0]
Lord Voldemort
12%
 12%  [1]
Jigsaw
0%
 0%  [0]
The Joker
12%
 12%  [1]
Total Votes : 8

Droophus

United States

• Posted: 12/17/2019 05:21
  • Post subject: The clown is down
Pennywise wins among this group for me. A magical, disturbing, charismatic stage presence without taking himself to seriously plus a more dynamic vocal range.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 12/17/2019 09:46
  • Post subject:
RoundTheBend wrote:
Gollum so far for the win (two votes in the comments at least), but hey, a pretty even spread for a few others too!

On a serious note, does anyone else struggle to take lead singers seriously when they sound like Gollum or Darth Sidious or is that just me?

Sometimes the "overproduction" of some metal groups makes it sound a bit too canned just like bad pop music too (there's good pop music, don't get me wrong) - anyone care to comment?

Part of me is like, I want to understand and then part of me just realizes taste is just different and that's ok.
I can be both amazed at how cool/brutal/interesting the vocals are and laugh at them a bit at the same time, all the while thoroughly enjoying the song. Not sure if that helps you in your metal journey, but like you said, tastes are different.

Link

This one is the winner in that regard. The singer (Travis Ryan) is incredibly versatile and the songs are excellent, and there’s all kinds of vocals here. A good example of vacuum cleaner vocals somewhere around 1:15. And as a bonus their lyrics are highly offensive and gory, but also speak about lots of important issues (ecology, veganism, animal extinction, pollution, future of humanity on Earth etc.) Conflicts all around. Great band.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 12/18/2019 01:41
  • Post subject:
Forget Voldemort. Molly Weasley is the only Harry Potter character that should be in this poll.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 12/18/2019 04:09
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
RoundTheBend wrote:
Gollum so far for the win (two votes in the comments at least), but hey, a pretty even spread for a few others too!

On a serious note, does anyone else struggle to take lead singers seriously when they sound like Gollum or Darth Sidious or is that just me?

Sometimes the "overproduction" of some metal groups makes it sound a bit too canned just like bad pop music too (there's good pop music, don't get me wrong) - anyone care to comment?

Part of me is like, I want to understand and then part of me just realizes taste is just different and that's ok.
I can be both amazed at how cool/brutal/interesting the vocals are and laugh at them a bit at the same time, all the while thoroughly enjoying the song. Not sure if that helps you in your metal journey, but like you said, tastes are different.

Link

This one is the winner in that regard. The singer (Travis Ryan) is incredibly versatile and the songs are excellent, and there’s all kinds of vocals here. A good example of vacuum cleaner vocals somewhere around 1:15. And as a bonus their lyrics are highly offensive and gory, but also speak about lots of important issues (ecology, veganism, animal extinction, pollution, future of humanity on Earth etc.) Conflicts all around. Great band.

Woah - that had actual vocal intrigue to me. It had like 3 different vocal styles - the gollum, the darth sidius and one we haven't discussed yet, the balrog or Baphomet.

Like it was barely laughable and actually felt real on some levels. Sometimes it feels a bit too much like a bad spook ally or something on Halloween... hard for me to take for real, but that track was believable on some levels - even if it felt halloweenlike, it still was believable.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 12/18/2019 04:09
  • Post subject:
junodog4 wrote:
Forget Voldemort. Molly Weasley is the only Harry Potter character that should be in this poll.

Laughing

Now I gotta know. I think she'd be a great punk rocker at least.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 12/18/2019 04:10
  • Post subject: Re: The clown is down
Droophus wrote:
Pennywise wins among this group for me. A magical, disturbing, charismatic stage presence without taking himself to seriously plus a more dynamic vocal range.

Yeah actually, this is true.

Partially chose Pennywise for the face paint, but actually is possibly the best of the bunch for me at least musically.
  • Visit poster's website