2014-15 NBA Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Who do you think will win 2014-15 NBA title?
Cleveland
10%
 10%  [2]
Chicago
5%
 5%  [1]
Toronto
5%
 5%  [1]
San Antonio
10%
 10%  [2]
LA Clippers
10%
 10%  [2]
OKC
21%
 21%  [4]
Golden State
31%
 31%  [6]
Portland
5%
 5%  [1]
Other
0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes : 19

Silver

• Posted: 10/31/2014 05:37
  • Post subject:
And Westbrook is injured now too, bad day to be OKC. Amazed they hung in with the Clippers until the end, but things just keep piling on for them. It didn't look like Westbrook got it too bad, but if it turns out he needs to miss a bit of time, I'm just wondering who'll even score for OKC. Will Ibaka have to be their primary option? They're gonna have to get creative, anyways.

Mavs were great tonight though, so that's always nice.
Saoirse

• Posted: 11/01/2014 13:08
  • Post subject:
Haha I always take schaden-freude when things go bad for OKC, but then I remember the fans live in Oklahoma City and they probably have nothing else to live for, so I guess mixed bag.

Anyways Knicks ft...lol no. Probably going to be San Antonio again unless some team greatly overachieves, or Cleveland get everything figured out quicker than expected, probably gonna beez another somewhat boring playoffs in store (and I lose interest without Steve Nash or The Panda's Friend).
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 11/01/2014 16:59
  • Post subject:
Cleveland Los Angeles finals

Clippers win

James wins MVP

The Wizards pose greatest threat to Cavs and Bulls.

I don't want to say more that's all I gots.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Silver

• Posted: 11/02/2014 06:06
  • Post subject:
Holy fucking Klay Thompson.
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 11/02/2014 14:47
  • Post subject:
Silver wrote:

Yeah that dudes is on a rampage. I liked him before but he seems to be in route to just a massive season like nothing he's done before. Stephen Curry has been one of my fave players since his days in college and I adore him more than any other point guard or Guard in the league atm. And I love what they have in GS, I love their marksmen and their swag an their youth. I find myself rooting for them a lot.

As far as major competitors in the west in order of how much I WANT THEM TO DO WELL it goes Warriors > Clippers > Mavs > OKC > Trailblazers > Spurs > Rockets

But I still think with OKC reeling (but they'll be deadly by postseason so it really doesn't matter) and with the Epirs still being a power but having never repeated (a random stupid fact tat has no actual legitimacy in an argument and with the Rockets' dysfunction and the comparative lack of experience and even Talent of the Trailblazers and also just with how the Mavs don't quite match up talent wise, it comes down to the Clippers for the west with the Warriors as my favorite surprise upset team. That may just be wishful thinking. I'm really tired of Spurs basketball and I don't like Westbrook so don't like thunder too much. I'd be in heaven with a Clippers/Warriors WCF. Love those two PGs, 2 of my top 5 fave players fighting it out.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 11/02/2014 17:25
  • Post subject:
Silver wrote:

I guess that's why they didn't want to trade him. Razz

Also, Anthony Davis was a beast again. Lucky for you the Hornets bench sucks balls.
Silver

• Posted: 11/03/2014 04:34
  • Post subject:
And now Klay hit the go-ahead basket to put us up by 1 with 8.7 seconds left. Then got a steal on the inbounds. Could anyone earn their contract any better than that? Not forgetting the 29 points of course.
RepoMan

• Posted: 11/04/2014 04:04
  • Post subject:
@Silver: Almost. Razz
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 11/04/2014 13:43
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
I guess that's why they didn't want to trade him. Razz

So glad they didn't. For some odd reason, I grew up liking the Warriors thanks to the presence of Hardaway, Mullin, Webber and Sprewell, among others. After those guys left I was relatively disinterested in GS and the NBA as a whole. As a NYer I was tempted to be a Knicks fan, but the organization has sucked for a couple decades and I never liked Ewing or Starks. Then we got a team in Brooklyn, but they decided to trade their future picks for a bunch of old Celtics I never liked. Brooklyn will be terrible in a few years and that'll likely last for a while.

So with the emergence of Curry and Thompson I've once again been drawn back to the Warriors.
  • Visit poster's website
RepoMan

• Posted: 11/04/2014 14:16
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
Then we got a team in Brooklyn, but they decided to trade their future picks for a bunch of old Celtics I never liked. Brooklyn will be terrible in a few years and that'll likely last for a while.

I LOVE Garnett & especially THE TRUTH obvs, but still thought it was an obvious & expected move for our GM Danny Ainge to deal them for ANYTHING at the time. We (yes, I'm pathetic like that Razz ) had been winning in the playoffs on grit & pride alone for like THREE fucking years already. (which was an absolute joy to watch. I still can't believe we were ONE game from reaching the finals in 2012).

I really have no idea what Brooklyn was thinking, but I'm glad they weren't. Razz

edit: I mean if they just had some patience they could have built something special there in Brooklyn. It's a brand new franchise (in a way) yet it already feels OLD due to their choice of building solely through free agency and going all in for a HIGHLY dubious title shot. Bonkers.

Last edited by RepoMan on 11/04/2014 14:28; edited 2 times in total