Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 185186187 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Last ever trip to People Records in Guildford today given that they're closing down tomorrow ๐Ÿ™

After the 12 LPs I picked up on Boxing Day I got another 8 today, including:


The Campfire Headphase by Boards Of Canada


Tomorrow's Harvest by Boards Of Canada


Songs The Lord Taught Us by The Cramps

Cheers Abby! About time I owned a Cramps record...


The Wild Hunt by The Tallest Man On Earth

Picked up on a whim as I know Mercury's a big fan. Intrigued to give it a spin.


Ravedeath, 1972 by Tim Hecker

Off to London tomorrow... Brixton, Ladbroke Grove and Soho calling... spending my birthday money before I've got it is never the best idea. Oh well...
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote

Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? by The Cranberries


Random Access Memories by Daft Punk


Engine Down by Engine Down


Elliott Smith by Elliott Smith
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Honest Jon's just take my money why don't you....! ๐Ÿ˜


Playing It Cool & Playing It Right by Keith Hudson


Africa Must Be Free By 1983 Dub by Augustus Pablo



Strictly Dub by Prince Jammy


Great Jah Jah by Jezzreel

That's it, 2015. I'm done spending now...
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
^ yeah, last spree for some time. Picked up a '75 reissue of Albert Ayler's Witches and Devils, Derek Bailey's Incus Taps, Anthony Braxton's Five Pieces 1975, and Grachan Moncur III's Echoes of Prayer on vinyl today
  • Quote
Some holiday/Christmas/boxing day pick-ups ๐Ÿ˜Ž


Marquee Moon by Television


Ege Bamyasi by Can


Hot Buttered Soul by Isaac Hayes


Confusion by Fela And Afrika 70


We Insist! Max Roach's Freedom Now Suite by Max Roach


Sidelong by Ui (1st pressing)


Huevos by Meat Puppets (1st pressing, still wrapped)


Icky Mettle by Archers Of Loaf


Our Mother The Mountain by Townes Van Zandt (not that I regret buying this, but it's the reissue and I thought it was on a sale price, which it wasn't. But oh well)

And the biggest find of them all:


The Peel Sessions by Twa Toots

๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

Was super happy to find this in a small record shop in all the used stuff. Totally shocked when I saw it. Fantastic condition, original press. Looks like it hasn't even been played.


Passed on original copies of Loveless, Laulu Laakson Kukista and Unleash Yourself by Aye Nako. Bit too pricey on all fronts.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote

9 by Public Image Ltd.
Building up my PIL collection ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote

Live At The Austin Outhouse by Blaze Foley


Summer Breeze by Seals And Crofts
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Monk's Music by Thelonious Monk


Fifth Dimension by The Byrds


Christmas And The Beads Of Sweat by Laura Nyro


Black Moses by Isaac Hayes
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
noWaxJim wrote:


The Wild Hunt by The Tallest Man On Earth

Picked up on a whim as I know Mercury's a big fan. Intrigued to give it a spin.


Ravedeath, 1972 by Tim Hecker

.


๐Ÿฅฐ oh sweet! I am just seeing this and hope you enjoyed it at least a smidge. And I also quite love that Hecker album.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
:love: oh sweet! I am just seeing this and hope you enjoyed it at least a smidge. And I also quite love that Hecker album.


I did! Might need to give it a few more listens but it's rather nice...

A couple of birthday gifts received today:


Haha Sound by Broadcast


In Utero by Nirvana

61/100

Both from my Dad, who also tried to get me Expensive Shit by Fela Kuti but changed his mind when he saw all the tits on the cover

Also got this curio through the post today:



A collection of traditional Welsh folk songs to continue my voyage into all things Cymraeg. Original Sain pressing, also has a beautiful track by Sidan on it (whose LP I desperately need in my collection - proving a bugger to find). Missing the translation leaflet, though. Just as well I'm fluent (well, I know about 10 words).
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 185186187 ... 494495496  Next
Page 186 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.