Great songs on mediocre/bad albums?

Goto page Previous  123
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

The Presidents Of The United States Of ...Of America
I like "Peaches". It's cute. Most of this album, however, just doesn't do it for me, and the opening track is genuinely one of my least favorite songs of all time.


Forever Your Girl by Paula Abdul
"Straight Up" is a kickass new jack swing banger with more creative instrumentation than most other songs of its genre at the time. As for the rest of the album, the singles are okay enough, but this is a massive step down compared to other female pop records at the time such as Like a Prayer, Rhythm Nation, Raw Like Sushi, and even Electric Youth. Most of the non-singles are really dry and flavorless.
  • Quote
As much as I dislike Weezer's Make Believe album, I actually really like the song "We Are All On Drugs".
  • Quote
Stover75 wrote:

The La's by The La's

Ok so this is a cheat cos there's 2 good songs on this:

There She Goes (sublime) and Feelin' (2-minute masterpiece)

But the rest of the album is God-awful.
Sorry to say it but it is IMO.


Go back and listen again. If you love those two I'm not sure how you can't enjoy something like Timeless Melody
  • Quote

A Change Of Heart by Golden Avatar
I've never heard an album so poor but withone great track. The whole album is awful but the final track is just wonderful. I picked up on on vinyl for cheap as it looked good but after a quick listen was ready to get rid until I saw a mate play it in a DJ set. I asked what's this it's great and he showed me the cover and I couldn't believe it.
  • Quote

Almost Always Never by Joanne Shaw Taylor

Not jstโ€™s best album by any means but soul station is a cracking track
  • Quote
Possum Kingdom by Toadies, from the 1994 album Rubberneck. I'm sure people like this album, but I just found it to be generic and unable to stand out from better alternative acts of the mid 90's.
  • Quote
TheKameraEye wrote:
Possum Kingdom by Toadies, from the 1994 album Rubberneck. I'm sure people like this album, but I just found it to be generic and unable to stand out from better alternative acts of the mid 90's.


but what about Tyler!? That song is something else.
  • Quote
M.i.A.โ€™s Freedun on AIM, and Kanyeโ€™s Waves on his The Life of Pablo are the first ones that come to mind.

Not bad albums, but certainly not their best.
  • Quote
I don't care for The Division Bell, but "High Hopes" is phenomenal.
  • Quote
Ya know what as much as I think Nu Metal sucks they had some good songs on terrible albums 99% of the time. So im picking

Slipknot - Wait and Bleed
Stand - Outside

now as for classic im going with

Black Sabbath - Shockwave
off of their last album before they fired Ozzy

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123
Page 3 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Bad song in great albums qwert9579 Music
Bad albums by otherwise great artists Guest Music
Great albums with bad reputations Guest Music
Great Artists Lacking Great Albums junodog4 Music
Great song from a bad album Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.