I rarely post here these days but I was halfway through writing a tribute to Scratch before my phone decided to conk out.
Man was a genius - and I donโt use that term lightly. Could have seen him in 2019 and though โitโs OK, heโll be back next yearโ. Then COVID hit and the chance went.
Can't list everything of course, but he has insane credits. Not just Jamaican artists either. Early stuff by The Clash, The Orb, UB40, even a credit with the Beastie Boys.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/41272-Le...lter_anv=0
Could just play through stacks of 7"s. Even that comp only touches the surface.
Absolute giant.
85 is nothing to be sad about though. Glad he lived a long, impactful life. Active until the end too.
Quote:
I rarely post here these days but I was halfway through writing a tribute to Scratch before my phone decided to conk out.
Hoping to read it eventually Jimmy. _________________ Doubles & Conch
Damn I was just starting to warm up to dub and Perry's particular production. I've heard 3-4 of his albums in the last few years, every single one unique and good. He had a show near me booked for 2022, was thinking about going... RIP _________________ Overall chart Fake overall chart
Wow, what a loss. RIP. I don't think it's a stretch to say he's the GOAT of Jamaican music.
Agree with both EyeKanFly and Hayden - that's an outstanding compilation, and there are plenty of great albums as well. Haven't heard all of those, so I'll take a few recs from that post. I consider this an essential album as well:
Thing is, most people don't care about bassists and drummers, by and large. It's always Keith and Mick, John and Paul, Edge and Bono, etc. for a large majority of people. Like they wouldn't even notice kind of thing.
Saying it differently, imagine the Stones had they stopped in 1969 because a major member, Brian Jones died?
Having said that, Rolling Stones should have made A Bigger Bang in 1982
^^^ If that is a scar going down the middle of his face, how did he get it?
It is Holly.
He was slashed with a razor blade in a bar fight on his 25th birthday. It was the only interaction in the fight. He recalls the blade being slipped out of the perpetrators mouth before it happened.
He took advantage of the look. He admitted on multiple occasions the distinction got him more gigs. _________________ Doubles & Conch
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum