You must listen to the album below you: canon edition

Goto page Previous  123 ... 376377378 ... 444445446  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
1.


I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You by Aretha Franklin

so, i listened to this a couple times and lady soul once. enjoyed lady soul and it is very similar to this album which i often erroneously call her debut even though its not.

but, the very very high quality of lady soul aside, i feel pound-for-pound this album pictured above is superior. It's just such a great fucking album. It's every second is so spacious, and emotional and dignified and beautiful. The sheer number of great tunes and great vocal performances and cool horn parts or soft and excellently performed piano parts, its all just fantastic. Perhaps outside of 1 track that doesn't absolutely kill but is still really solid (I think its "Don't Let Me Lose This Dream"...) every track here is killer. "Respect" is amazing. And listening today to that part where she spells the word, it was almost like every one of the hundreds of other times I have heard that were stripped away and I was just listening in the here and now and I was newly yet again blown away buy the badassery and perfection of that moment. Amazing opening track to say the least.

Other than that, "Soul Serenade" is another all timer. As is the title track, and "Dr. Feelgood", and "Do Right Woman, Do Right Man", and the Sam Cooke cover that closes the album, as well as "Drown in My Own Tears", and... well you get it. Its all excellent. I am glad I revisited this. For way way too long this was just one of *those* albums, y'know? To elaborate, it was one of those albums that was completely iconic and important and amazing and yet I almost took that for granted and never listened to it newly or really felt much inclination to do so. But I did and I am glad I did. This is borderline Overall Chart worthy stuff.

-------------------------

2.
@LedZep, well, I consider Sign O The Times a pantheon level, top-top-top, say 10 to 20 album all time. But i get that opinions are different and tastes. Still, I am offend. Not really. I perhaps only worship at Dylan's feet MORE than Prince. I hope you like the short but oh so sweet Dirty Mind. I think Dirty Mind and Sign O The Times are the 2 Prince albums included on my chart. They are very VERY different. At the very least "When You Were Mine" is one of the all time greatest songs every written and I suspect you'll enjoy that if nothing else.

anyway, lol, it seems Dirty Mind is not an option below, so, instead my next choice of album is...


John Prine by John Prine

if you enjoy narrative songwriting with very country/folk arrangements, you will maybe like this. Kind of a classic.


------------------------

3.

You know me by now. I'm always thinking of new gimmicks. So my newest gimmick is I will take the top 1000 albums on RYM. I have 400 or so albums to hear on it and what I will do is Pick ONE album from each page of 40 albums (the last page will be more like 50 albums...) and I will pick one album off the list that I am most intrigued by or most interested in hearing again for more thorough evaluation or reminding. Still excluding any sort of soundtrack or classical music ( so the rank is in a list of all LPs and Mixtapes excluding live, archival, western classical and any sort of soundtrack/score.)

1. California by Mr. Bungle/1999/RYM #393 all time album (One of those albums that I not only can say with certainty I have never listened to, but also an album and a classic at that that I really don't know what the hell to expect. I have heard the self titled super strange metal album by this group but based off the genre tags here for California, I am pretty sure this will be completely different.)

2. Unearthed by Johnny Cash/2003/RYM #496 all time album (I have to be honest with y'all: I have never listened to any of the American Series of any of the latter day Cash albums with anything more than a passing and very slight interest. Not sure why. For sure he is one of the absolute most legendary figures ever. So starting with this, I will correct this weird area of general ignorance. Also I will probably be listening to American III/IV and If I love these I will maybe go on a Cash binge.)

3. And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out by Yo La Tengo/2000/RYM #567 all time album (Yesterday on a whim I listened to the most famous YLT album, I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One. and it blew me away. I loved it and I have no idea why it took me so long to recognize its greatness. Now today I make the 3rd option here another YLT album. If its even 80% as beautiful a dreamy pop/indie rock/quasi-psychedelic experience as their '94 album, then I will love it.)

4. A I A: Alien Observer by Grouper/2011/ RYM #633 all time album (as an indication of how out of touch with Grouper I have been, I was shocked to see this is right there with Dragging a Dead Deer Up A Hill as her most loved album ever. I honestly haven't checked out any of her music in close to a decade. Really intrigued to dip my toes back into the indescribable and unclassifiable brilliance of Grouper.)

5. Pierced From Within by Suffocation/1995/ RYM #662 all time album (I guess it is clear I have interest in expanding my knowledge and experience with death metal. Well, its true. And this is a cool looking and i hear a very intense death metal classic.

6. A Sun That Never Sets by Neurosis/2001/RYM #787 all time album (One of if not the last classic Neurosis album I haven't heard. Recently absolutely fell head over heels in love with Through Silver In Blood and Souls at Zero. Definitely wanna hear this atmospheric sludge masterpiece. - or so I have heard)

6. Come My Fanatics... by Electric Wizard/1997/RYM #819 all time album (I need to hear this heavy as fuck stoner doom metal album. I also will at least briefly revisit their much more legendary album with the cool cover with the dude with a bong. But yeah anyway, this is my selection from page 7.)

8. Milestones by Miles Davis/1958/RYM #893 all time album (I kind of worship Miles. Musically he is a hero of mine. He'd be on my Mount Rushmore of artists. I went on a weird obsessive listening and buying tear about 10 years ago and amongst the dozens of albums heard and bought was this album. But... its Hard Bop, and I have a history of having a hard time "getting" even the classics of this genre and... also, I can't remember a single second of this album. Like, when I look at that cool as fuck cover not even a single Note of music comes to mind. I now will start working through many miles classics starting with this.)

9. Unhalfbricking by Fairport Convention/1969/RYM #968 all time album (Okay, so I will for sure be listening to their other TWO 1969 albums as well, at the very least Liege and Lief. But yeah these are albums and an artist that I have heard but for some reason and for various random chance moments I've yet to really sit down and just listen to these classics. These folk albums seem right up my alley as much a s it is possible to be. So yeah, this is a special limited time 3 for one deal.)

10. We Are The Romans by Botch/RYM #996 all time album (Listened to this only recently after getting into Jane Doe. I was looking for that classic Mathcore fix. This was awesome, but only listened once and wanna listen again. If you choose this I will listen of course that is how this works. But I am sooo chomping at the bit I will probably listen to this very very soon whether picked or not.)
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
1.


Black Sunday by Cypress Hill

DJ Muggs is a legendary producer, and this is one of the records that established that legend. He provides a west coast take on boom bap, with hard-hitting drums and plenty of interesting flourishes. The rapping from B-Real and Sen Dog isn't quite on the same level, but is very solid throughout. In terms of subject matter, Black Sunday is mostly gun violence and smoking weed, but with varied enough approaches to avoid seeming too repetitive. And of course, there are some classic tracks here that almost every hip-hop fan knows, most notably Insane In The Brain. Overall, a fun and quality listen. 3.5/5.

~~~~~

2. I love this album:


A I A : Alien Observer by Grouper

~~~~~

3. Alphabet Game, Cohort 13 (3 picks left)

A: All Balls Donโ€™t Bounce - Aceyalone*
A2: King Tubbys Meets Rockers Uptown - Augustus Pablo
B: ร€ Vontade - Baden Powell
B2: Marcusโ€™ Children - Burning Spear
B3: Wish You Were Here - Badfinger
B4: Tunes 2011-2019 - Burial
C: If I Could Do It All Over Again, Iโ€™d Do It All Over You - Caravan
C2: Twelve Deadly Cynsโ€ฆ And Then Some - Cyndi Lauper
C3: A Stairway To The Stars - The Caretaker
D: Live At The Jazz Cafe, London - Dโ€™Angelo

*Last chance!
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
1.


A I A : Alien Observer by Grouper

Okay, so this was gorgeous and incredible and very unique. It is ambient. I emphasize that because I was only familiar with Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill and Ruins by Liz Harris/Grouper before listening to this, and when I saw that the only main genre tag for this was ambient, I was skeptical. Those other 2 albums are indeed very ambient but mixed with a strange folk, and actual songs buried under layers of rusty, watery sounds. But still they aren't essentially ambient, not that I hear. But this is essentially a deeply atmospheric ambient album (kind of a redundancy saying atmospheric and ambient back to back but whatever.). The dramy, barely tangible worlds this album transports me to is quite mesmerizing and at times profound. Its lovely.

The fact that Harris' incredible vocals are still major on this album is awesome. I think that I have never heard an ambient album where the vocals were quite so essential to the music. Maybe I need more recommendations on such sounds, because based off this album, I think I quite like this style.

There is only one track, forget the name or which it is, where I'm jarred out of the ambience briefly. Toward the middle of the record there are these pretty loud and noisy electronic (i think) sounds that come in for a few minutes and while I like the sounds and this part in isolation, within this otherwise perfect ambient, floating album, it is not my favorite.

I just went and listened to Ruins and Dragging A Dead Deer... again after listening to this a couple times. And, oh boy, I am very excited about the upcoming Grouper album that is set to drop in October.

-------------------------

2.
@Baystateoftheart, I fucking love this album...


A Stairway To The Stars by The Caretaker


------------------------

3.

You know me by now. I'm always thinking of new gimmicks. So my newest gimmick is I will take the top 1000 albums on RYM. I have 400 or so albums to hear on it and what I will do is Pick ONE album from each page of 40 albums (the last page will be more like 50 albums...) and I will pick one album off the list that I am most intrigued by or most interested in hearing again for more thorough evaluation or reminding. Still excluding any sort of soundtrack or classical music ( so the rank is in a list of all LPs and Mixtapes excluding live, archival, western classical and any sort of soundtrack/score.)

1. California by Mr. Bungle/1999/RYM #393 all time album (One of those albums that I not only can say with certainty I have never listened to, but also an album and a classic at that that I really don't know what the hell to expect. I have heard the self titled super strange metal album by this group but based off the genre tags here for California, I am pretty sure this will be completely different.)

2. Unearthed by Johnny Cash/2003/RYM #496 all time album (I have to be honest with y'all: I have never listened to any of the American Series of any of the latter day Cash albums with anything more than a passing and very slight interest. Not sure why. For sure he is one of the absolute most legendary figures ever. So starting with this, I will correct this weird area of general ignorance. Also I will probably be listening to American III/IV and If I love these I will maybe go on a Cash binge.)

3. And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out by Yo La Tengo/2000/RYM #567 all time album (Yesterday on a whim I listened to the most famous YLT album, I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One. and it blew me away. I loved it and I have no idea why it took me so long to recognize its greatness. Now today I make the 3rd option here another YLT album. If its even 80% as beautiful a dreamy pop/indie rock/quasi-psychedelic experience as their '94 album, then I will love it.)

4. Pierced From Within by Suffocation/1995/ RYM #662 all time album (I guess it is clear I have interest in expanding my knowledge and experience with death metal. Well, its true. And this is a cool looking and i hear a very intense death metal classic.

5. Jeopardy by The Sound/1980/RYM #682 all time album (This post punk album looks interesting despite early post punk not generally being my thing. Also their other very acclaimed album From The Lion's Mouth is only 1 or 2 pages on in this RYM list. So if I like this Jeopardy record I'll check that one out as well.)

6. A Sun That Never Sets by Neurosis/2001/RYM #787 all time album (One of if not the last classic Neurosis album I haven't heard. Recently absolutely fell head over heels in love with Through Silver In Blood and Souls at Zero. Definitely wanna hear this atmospheric sludge masterpiece. - or so I have heard)

7. Alien Lanes by Guided by Voices/1995/RYM #816 all time album (I need to relisten to this one. Love Bee Thousand but this one and no other GbV album every really became a favorite when I loved Bee Thousand. But anyway, this one is one I know is quite loved and apparently on par with their 1994 classic.)

8. Milestones by Miles Davis/1958/RYM #893 all time album (I kind of worship Miles. Musically he is a hero of mine. He'd be on my Mount Rushmore of artists. I went on a weird obsessive listening and buying tear about 10 years ago and amongst the dozens of albums heard and bought was this album. But... its Hard Bop, and I have a history of having a hard time "getting" even the classics of this genre and... also, I can't remember a single second of this album. Like, when I look at that cool as fuck cover not even a single Note of music comes to mind. I now will start working through many miles classics starting with this.)

9. Unhalfbricking by Fairport Convention/1969/RYM #968 all time album (Okay, so I will for sure be listening to their other TWO 1969 albums as well, at the very least Liege and Lief. But yeah these are albums and an artist that I have heard but for some reason and for various random chance moments I've yet to really sit down and just listen to these classics. These folk albums seem right up my alley as much a s it is possible to be. So yeah, this is a special limited time 3 for one deal.)

10. We Are The Romans by Botch/RYM #996 all time album (Listened to this only recently after getting into Jane Doe. I was looking for that classic Mathcore fix. This was awesome, but only listened once and wanna listen again. If you choose this I will listen of course that is how this works. But I am sooo chomping at the bit I will probably listen to this very very soon whether picked or not.)
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
(1)

John Prine by John Prine
I was expecting a Townes Van Zandt pt. 2, a singer/songwriter with country background. John Prine seems more of a reverse, he's a country singer who happens to make singer/songwriter influenced music. Or at least that's what it sounds to me. While his s/t surely isn't a life changer like Van Zandt's s/t, it's still some lovely stories with country-style steel guitars all over the place (can't go wrong with that). It's simple and fun as well as humorous at times. Some of the lyrics might not have an immediate impact on me as I'm not much of a lyrics guy, but I'm sure another listen will reveal more. For now it's 7.5/10

(2)
California, mid September is the last acceptable moment to listen to gulls as far as I'm concerned.

(3)
Turnstile - Glow On
The Mothers of Invention - We're Only In It For The Money
Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Busdriver - Perfect Hair
808 State - Ninety
Lorde - Solar Power
The Twilight Sad - Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters
Miles Davis - Get Up With It
A Silver Mt. Zion - He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms...
The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s


Last edited by LedZep on 09/13/2021 07:25; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
@ledzep,
Cool! Iโ€™ll check out California soon. I didnโ€™t understand the part of your comment about listening to gulls. Is โ€œGullsโ€ a song on California?
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
@ledzep,
Cool! Iโ€™ll check out California soon. I didnโ€™t understand the part of your comment about listening to gulls. Is โ€œGullsโ€ a song on California?
You'll hear what I meant as soon as you start listening ๐Ÿ˜„
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote

Gold Record by Bill Callahan

I heard a few of the singles as this album was coming out but none of them interested me enough to check out the album. I do like the timbre of his voice, and his talky singing style, but the music is mostly a bit too sparse for my tastes. That wouldn't matter too much to me if it's all about the lyrics but in this case they were a bit too ponderous for my liking. I'm not even sure what he was saying. Something positive(?) and wise(?) about youth and aging I think, but what exactly? I don't know. I didn't like this as much as the other Bill Callahan/Smog albums I've heard. Still a pleasant enough, if a bit underwhelming, listen. 6.5/10




I really liked Perfect Hair. I think it's a great album.


Perfect Hair by Busdriver




BEA Best Albums of 2020 (last pick)

81. We Are Chaos by Marilyn Manson
101. Eternal Atake by Lil Uzi Vert
110. Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum by Seether
111. Future Past Life by STRFKR
112. ะ”ะพ ัะฒะธะดะฐะฝะธั [Goodbye] by IC3PEAK
116. The Best Ones Of The Best by Dashboard Confessional
118. Ricky Music by Porches
119. Petals For Armor by Hayley Williams
122. Such Pretty Forks In The Road by Alanis Morissette
124. [#] by ์ด๋‹ฌ์˜ ์†Œ๋…€ [Loona]
  • Quote
Purplepash wrote:
Correct on both counts! The Cross is one of my top 5 favourite Prince songs ever and I'm a big fan of everything of his. TBH if you're not into Prince I can't see Dirty Mind converting you. Gee I've been having a bad run lalely of giving people albums I love that they don't like #-o

Mercury wrote:
@LedZep, well, I consider Sign O The Times a pantheon level, top-top-top, say 10 to 20 album all time. But i get that opinions are different and tastes. Still, I am offend. Not really. I perhaps only worship at Dylan's feet MORE than Prince. I hope you like the short but oh so sweet Dirty Mind. I think Dirty Mind and Sign O The Times are the 2 Prince albums included on my chart. They are very VERY different. At the very least "When You Were Mine" is one of the all time greatest songs every written and I suspect you'll enjoy that if nothing else.

Oddly enough for what it's worth, I'm not a huge Prince fan either, but Parade is one of my favorites of his along with Purple Rain (which has been in and out of my top 100). Sign O the Times and Dirty Mind just didn't connect with me much. 1999 is ok but not stellar. I think those are the only 5 Prince albums I've listened to other than the Batman soundtrack which is fine I guess. I will say though, I totally understand the love for Prince because every album of his I've heard is totally different, and while stylistically they didn't all appeal to me, there's gotta be something of his out there that you'll like. He's one of the more diverse musicians I've heard.

1)

Nightbirds by Labelle
"Lady Marmalade" was the obvious highlight here, and nothing else stunned me like that song did. Though I think I actually prefer the more modern version of the song from Moulin Rouge over Labelle's original. Maybe just because I grew up with that movie (although it's never been one of my favorite movies, it just happened to be on a lot because my family liked it).

The rest of the album was solid but nothing captured the high that the opening track gives. I think "Don't Bring Me Down", the Allen Toussaint song, was my other favorite on the album. 3/5, don't see myself returning to this much but I did have fun while I listened.

2)

Petals For Armor by Hayley Williams
This unfortunately fell off my 2020 chart when I updated it following Baystate's tourney, but it still stands as an album I enjoyed, was pleasantly surprised with, and would gladly recommend.

3)
59. Indigo Girls by Indigo Girls
61. The Writing's on the Wall by Destiny's Child (know most of the tracks but never listened to the album in full)
65. Blue Light 'Til Dawn by Cassandra Wilson
68. King's Record Shop by Rosanne Cash
71. Blacks' Magic by Salt-N-Pepa (this album doesn't have the hits by SnP that I know, so I might be going in blind)
76. Stand by Your Man by Tammy Wynette
83. Ode to Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry
85. Diamonds & Rust by Joan Baez (surely there must have been a more notable 60s Baez album to put on this list instead? Maybe I'm sleeping on this one)
92. Peace Beyond Passion by Me'shell Ndegeocello (I put another album of hers in my Washington, DC chart, but was considering this one instead. Ultimately I went for the one I was more familiar with, though I've heard a couple tracks on this one)
93. ...Baby One More Time by Britney Spears (same deal as Spice Girls, definitely listened to this when it came out but don't remember all the tracks)
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote
1.


California by Mr. Bungle

this album was a blast. the most obvious and most impressive thing about it is, for me anyway, the sheer insane wild incomprehensible amount of styles and genres that are wrapped up in this bad bad thang. I mean before I pushed play i saw the genre tags on RYM and I thought that this would either be: 1. not really THAT all over the place or 2. would be a complete and utter mess. I mean the genres on RYM for this album read: Experimental Rock, Art Rock
Surf Rock, Doo-Wop, Avant-Garde Metal, Pop Rock, Baroque Pop, Jazz-Rock, Cocktail Nation, Vocal Surf, Easy Listening, Exotica.... wtf?!??

and you know what I am pleased to say that there are really that many distinct sounds on this 40 minute LP and that it isn't a mess, or not nearly as much of a mess as I was thinking.

The pleasure I gleaned from the record on first listen (so far only one) was almost all from the sheer wildness of its variety. Did I feel emotionally or spiritually moved by the music or the songs or the songwriting or the performances?... not really. Maybe that will be gained from repeated listens. But the musicianship and virtuosity on display especially from the legend Mike Patton was awe-inspiring. I would put this up there with like a John Zorn or even Bee Thousand level of disparate elements melded together. Impressive. Still I would not say this as of yet is as cool and moving an album as Naked City or certainly Bee Thousand.

Anyway, this was cool.

oh and yeah within half a second with the sound of those happy gulls I knew of what you spoke, LedZep lol.

-------------------------

2.
@EyeKanFly, Me'shell is great so this one


Peace Beyond Passion by Me'shell Ndegeocello



------------------------

3.

You know me by now. I'm always thinking of new gimmicks. So my newest gimmick is I will take the top 1000 albums on RYM. I have 400 or so albums to hear on it and what I will do is Pick ONE album from each page of 40 albums (the last page will be more like 50 albums...) and I will pick one album off the list that I am most intrigued by or most interested in hearing again for more thorough evaluation or reminding. Still excluding any sort of soundtrack or classical music ( so the rank is in a list of all LPs and Mixtapes excluding live, archival, western classical and any sort of soundtrack/score.)

1. The Ape of Naples by Coil/1999/RYM #277 all time album (Apparently a super cool post industrial album that I listened to once a few months back but i forgot everything about it and wasn't paying much attention.)

2. Unearthed by Johnny Cash/2003/RYM #496 all time album (I have to be honest with y'all: I have never listened to any of the American Series of any of the latter day Cash albums with anything more than a passing and very slight interest. Not sure why. For sure he is one of the absolute most legendary figures ever. So starting with this, I will correct this weird area of general ignorance. Also I will probably be listening to American III/IV and If I love these I will maybe go on a Cash binge.)

3. And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out by Yo La Tengo/2000/RYM #567 all time album (Yesterday on a whim I listened to the most famous YLT album, I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One. and it blew me away. I loved it and I have no idea why it took me so long to recognize its greatness. Now today I make the 3rd option here another YLT album. If its even 80% as beautiful a dreamy pop/indie rock/quasi-psychedelic experience as their '94 album, then I will love it.)

4. Pierced From Within by Suffocation/1995/ RYM #662 all time album (I guess it is clear I have interest in expanding my knowledge and experience with death metal. Well, its true. And this is a cool looking and i hear a very intense death metal classic.

5. Jeopardy by The Sound/1980/RYM #682 all time album (This post punk album looks interesting despite early post punk not generally being my thing. Also their other very acclaimed album From The Lion's Mouth is only 1 or 2 pages on in this RYM list. So if I like this Jeopardy record I'll check that one out as well.)

6. A Sun That Never Sets by Neurosis/2001/RYM #787 all time album (One of if not the last classic Neurosis album I haven't heard. Recently absolutely fell head over heels in love with Through Silver In Blood and Souls at Zero. Definitely wanna hear this atmospheric sludge masterpiece. - or so I have heard)

7. Alien Lanes by Guided by Voices/1995/RYM #816 all time album (I need to relisten to this one. Love Bee Thousand but this one and no other GbV album every really became a favorite when I loved Bee Thousand. But anyway, this one is one I know is quite loved and apparently on par with their 1994 classic.)

8. Milestones by Miles Davis/1958/RYM #893 all time album (I kind of worship Miles. Musically he is a hero of mine. He'd be on my Mount Rushmore of artists. I went on a weird obsessive listening and buying tear about 10 years ago and amongst the dozens of albums heard and bought was this album. But... its Hard Bop, and I have a history of having a hard time "getting" even the classics of this genre and... also, I can't remember a single second of this album. Like, when I look at that cool as fuck cover not even a single Note of music comes to mind. I now will start working through many miles classics starting with this.)

9. Unhalfbricking by Fairport Convention/1969/RYM #968 all time album (Okay, so I will for sure be listening to their other TWO 1969 albums as well, at the very least Liege and Lief. But yeah these are albums and an artist that I have heard but for some reason and for various random chance moments I've yet to really sit down and just listen to these classics. These folk albums seem right up my alley as much a s it is possible to be. So yeah, this is a special limited time 3 for one deal.)

10. We Are The Romans by Botch/RYM #996 all time album (Listened to this only recently after getting into Jane Doe. I was looking for that classic Mathcore fix. This was awesome, but only listened once and wanna listen again. If you choose this I will listen of course that is how this works. But I am sooo chomping at the bit I will probably listen to this very very soon whether picked or not.)
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
(1)

Perfect Hair by Busdriver
How the hell have I never heard about Ego Death before? Aesop Rock, Danny Brown and Busdriver on the same song, everybody on the top of their game. It's a clear highlight, but the rest isn't too bad either. The production is wacky and unpredictable, it's experimental hip hop in the fullest sense. Busdriver is... weird. While I do like almost everything he tries here, there's this feeling that some of the songs could've been better if they were more focused and didn't try to throw everything at you all at once. Maybe I'll get used to the style more with additional listens. The features are all excellent and overall it's a different kind of fun compared to Temporary Forever (the other Busdriver album I've heard).

"I'm old news, a motherfucking brontosaurus"
8/10

(2)
Pierced From Within is cool, I like it much better than Effigy of Forgotten for one reason or another. It's classic old school brutal death metal, pretty repetitive but good overall.

(3)
Turnstile - Glow On
The Mothers of Invention - We're Only In It For The Money
Celtic Frost - Monotheist
David Craig - More Songs About Food and Revolutionary Art
Lorde - Solar Power
Hiatus Kaiyote - Mood Valiant
The Twilight Sad - Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters
Miles Davis - Get Up With It
A Silver Mt. Zion - He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms...
The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 376377378 ... 444445446  Next
Page 377 of 446


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below you. Guest Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.