02. Freddie Mercury - Okay, that's fair.
03. Dave Gahan - Wtf?
05. Matt Bellamy - ???????
Fair enough? Mercury should be #1 on anyone's list - he was the quintessential frontman.
Gahan and Bellamy aren't bad picks just because you don't listen to Depeche Mode or Muse don't diss them - they're also great showmen loaded with talent. I've seen both live, they definitely bring a lot of energy. You can debate how high to rank them, but not whether they deserve to be there.
I agree that Mercury should be #1, but I was more commenting on the fact that he's on there.
Also, I've seen Bellamy live, too. He's not that remarkable. I'm not that big on Depeche Mode, but something makes me doubt that he deserves the #3 spot ahead of frontmen like Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder, and Robert Plant.
This is ridiculous! To be a good frontman, you have to have stage presence, you have to have charisma, you have to be a good performer. You have to be a creative leader or galvanizing force of a group. Liam Gallagher has none of these qualities. In fact, he's pretty much a hack without his more talented brother. He does have the swagger, (over)confidence and sneering vocal style down though. I'll give him that.
I think Michael Stipe should have been on this list, a glaring omission. And where's Roger Daltrey? ๐
Jello Biafra
Henry Rollins
Chris Cornell
John Darnielle
Steve Albini
Alex Chilton
George Clinton
Mike Patton
Chuck Schuldiner
Rob Halford
Josh Homme
James Murphy
Arthur Lee
Ian MacKaye
Cedric Bixler-Zavala
Isaac Brock
Jeff Mangum
Maynard James Keenan
Steven Wilson
Ronnie James Dio
Paul Westerberg
Jonsi
Phil Lynott _________________ I love all music. It makes you feel like living. Silence is death.
Hey guys Liam is really good...at getting his ass kicked by his brother.
Tina Turner's better that have of these guys.
80's Axyl Rose has got to be near the top. As long as shows up and doesn't start yelling at fans. I can take that kind of abuse though. Still one of my favorites. _________________ New fav's: The Weepies, Art Brut, 311. Old Fav's: Bowie, zepalin, stones, buckcherry, cheap trick, couting crowes. Seen: Black Crowes, Nirvana, Ugly Kid Joe, Pretenders, Phycadelic furs, Ozzy, Thompson Twins, B Adams...regret not seeing G&R.
thom yorke
H.R.
phil anselmo [also an incredible dumbfuck]
matt bellamy
dude from priest[even though i dont listen to them]
cobain live is prolly crazy
axl {use to be, he might suck now}
lennon
gilmour
maynard
marley _________________ "I would expect something wrong with the poll if the chart favorite was not the poll winner" - naples 12-8-11
"I was hoping he was gone for good, guess it was just too much to ask" - polythene pam 05-10-12
"Nickelback > Radiohead" - bork 05-14-12
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum