Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 09/04/2021 14:01
  • Post subject:

In Stereo by Nemo (CAN)

Bumping my repeatedly forgotten music diary to share this forgotten gem of an album. I already shared it on the "What are you currently listening to?" thread, but I'm sharing it here before it gets lost in that hay stack. In Stereo gaining traction on RYM and rightfully show. It's a great blend of space rock and shoegaze; reminds me of a heavier Swervedriver with more drones. Excellent stuff.
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 09/21/2021 14:31
  • Post subject:
For the past 3 months, I've been on a massive psychedelic folk/drone binge. I just can't get enough of this sound. No other genre blend matches this spiritual experience I can have while listening to psychedelic folk/drone. Here are some highlights:

Ayahuasca by Pelt

Aldebaran by Natural Snow Buildings

Night Coercion Into The Company Of Witc... Buildings

Jarvid 9: Gecko by James Ferraro
(I included this one because the tribal aspect to the ambient sound integrates well into this list)

Sleeper Coach by Zelienople

Kellari Juniversumi by Kemialliset Ystävät

The Echoing Grove by Alphane Moon
rockbluesfolkjaz

United States

• Posted: 11/08/2021 18:34
  • Post subject:
I love ambient music. I've got to be in the mood for it, but I'm a writer, so I'm usually in that zone when writing, especially when writing fiction. Thanks for these selections!
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 07/02/2022 17:12
  • Post subject:
https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=16330

UPDATED CHART, WOOHOO! Should be fairly static for the next year or so? But you never know, we are all discovering things and new albums come out. Big rules on my chart are: (1) compilations are allowed if they are only compilations of singles/EPs/unreleased tracks-- any compilation of studio albums are disqualified; (2) At most 2 per artist; (3) no more trying to satisfy all decades of modern music recording-- if I am biased to the 90s to present, so be it.

It has been the summer of punk music for me. Punk is a genre I've always neglected, with the exception of post-punk, but I was motivated to listen to the essentials. I have listened to the Minute Men and Dead Kennedy's discographies in June. Going to listen to more essentials. I also want to dive back into Memphis hip-hop, revisiting some Three-6 Mafia and other essential artists. I also want to binge some Krautrock, so I am starting with some essential Popul Vuh.

I spent the last year or so really digging into some obscurities. I found a lot of dope albums, but I'm kind of exhausted with this binge. There are still plenty of classic recordings and albums that I have not even heard a track off of. Might as well broaden my tastes through those albums. That's about it for me.
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 07/02/2022 18:36
  • Post subject:
excellent chart update! Glad to see some awesome Death Metal albums there. Also that '77 Live album by Les Rallizes Dénudés is one I recently experienced and wow! The fact that shit is from 1977 is mindblowing.
'
Hey I see on the fringes of your chart Oceanic by Isis (which is cool stuff) and I was wondering if you ever listened to Neurosis' classic 1996 LP Through Silver In Blood? That LP became a top 10 to 20 all timer for me recently. Up there with Reign In Blood and Terrorizer's World Downfall and Pig Destroyer's Prowler In The Yard as my favorite metal/metal-adjacent albums ever. Okay, I lied, Reign In Blood is another higher tier. But its there in the discussion with the other 2 men2tioned lol.

Awesome to hear you're exploring punk and those super extreme and classic Discordance Axis and Orchid LPs being there made me smile. The new Knoll LP maybe is something you'll like, love or at least find interesting.

Anyway, loved looking at your chart.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 07/03/2022 03:28
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
excellent chart update! Glad to see some awesome Death Metal albums there. Also that '77 Live album by Les Rallizes Dénudés is one I recently experienced and wow! The fact that shit is from 1977 is mindblowing.
'
Hey I see on the fringes of your chart Oceanic by Isis (which is cool stuff) and I was wondering if you ever listened to Neurosis' classic 1996 LP Through Silver In Blood? That LP became a top 10 to 20 all timer for me recently. Up there with Reign In Blood and Terrorizer's World Downfall and Pig Destroyer's Prowler In The Yard as my favorite metal/metal-adjacent albums ever. Okay, I lied, Reign In Blood is another higher tier. But its there in the discussion with the other 2 men2tioned lol.

Awesome to hear you're exploring punk and those super extreme and classic Discordance Axis and Orchid LPs being there made me smile. The new Knoll LP maybe is something you'll like, love or at least find interesting.

Anyway, loved looking at your chart.

Thank you!

Yeah I love Through Silver In Blood, that and Enemy of the Sun are classics for me. And I love all the albums you mentioned with it! Thank you, and I'll check out Knoll!!