if i listened to that album i would feel hollow also, that is why you wouldn't catch me listening to it _________________ someone in the back went, clack clack
But really once again it all comes down to personal taste. I, as others do I'm sure, find Oasis even in their "heyday" dull and uninspiring so it really wouldn't come as much of a surprise to me I guess. As for MSP, I'd say most people who enjoy them think their heyday was the 90s and that their stuff released in the last 10 years is kinda naff.
Some think that artists like Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones are still releasing the only great new music (Mostly it's Rolling Stone magazine but there others...I think).
There are older artists who release new stuff that is vibrant and captures the attention of those who normally listen to 'younger' bands. I didn't really like The Seer (although I thought it was silly rather than dull) but it can't really be criticized for being uninspired or dull and the Swans have been around for something like 30 years.
All I do is avoid the stuff I find dull and just try to focus on the plethora of exciting new music (there's really a fuckload).
As you get older you admit defeat and grow content with the decent things in life.
What!?!?!?!?!? I guess I missed that lesson. Dadrockers never admit defeat. We rock on!!!
Listen to the latest Dylan or Tom Waits albums. Age has nothing to do with releasing good inspired albums. Everybody can release a hit song or a hit album. If you are not talented go for a novelty act. Releasing albums again and again in time, that is when the true artists and creators are recognized. Then again, everybody is allowed a slightly less interesting album than average. Sometimes itis needed for an artist to get the drive to reinvent itself.
meccaleccaVoice of ReasonProfile The Land of Enchantment
What!?!?!?!?!? I guess I missed that lesson. Dadrockers never admit defeat. We rock on!!!
Listen to the latest Dylan or Tom Waits albums. Age has nothing to do with releasing good inspired albums. Everybody can release a hit song or a hit album. If you are not talented go for a novelty act. Releasing albums again and again in time, that is when the true artists and creators are recognized. Then again, everybody is allowed a slightly less interesting album than average. Sometimes itis needed for an artist to get the drive to reinvent itself.
Sorry. sometimes my cynicism gets the best of me. And I probably didn't really convey the point I was trying to make. I feel that younger artists tend to dream bigger and shoot higher. Older artists eventually see their limits and appreciate more subtle goals.
Dylan and Waits are generally exceptions to all rules in regards to music. But you'd have to admit that neither is quite anywhere near peak levels anymore. They're not seeking to do something innovative, they've settled on just making quality albums. _________________ http://jonnyleather.com
Like... wasn't being in a band supposed to be fun? Wasn't it considered a youthful thing to do? People giving it there all. You know, all those cliches about love, life and freedom?
The problem is not their "Be" ablum, honestly their first album is equally as dissapointing. On the other side you have Noel, with his High Flying Birds, wich honestly it sounds like the best "Oasis" album since The Masterplan.
This is not about Rock, or what is happenning to it. I mean Japandroids, Palma Violets, Foxygen.. have you seen those guys live? If they're not having fun, I dont know who else is having it. Sam of Foxygen, broke his leg climing and then falling on stage couple of days ago.
The question here is. What happens when a very talented singer but no so much musician tries to make an album.. Well Bready Eye comes to mind. I know he has written singles like "Songbird" and "I'm Outta Time", but were they Oasis best? naahh not even close to the top 40.
Conclusion: Your problem is Liam, not music in general _________________ "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming"
meccaleccaVoice of ReasonProfile The Land of Enchantment
The question here is. What happens when a very talented singer but no so much musician tries to make an album.. Well Bready Eye comes to mind. I know he has written singles like "Songbird" and "I'm Outta Time", but were they Oasis best? naahh not even close to the top 40.
Conclusion: Your problem is Liam, not music in general
Good point. I think there's often a misunderstanding about the value of the songwriter of a group. _________________ http://jonnyleather.com
RockyRaccoonIs it solipsistic in here or is it just me?ModeratorProfile Maryland
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum