The Poe Copycats

Goto page Previous  12345678910  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
sp4cetiger wrote:
There was a thread like that? Dear god...


Yeah, it was extremely cathartic and afterwards we all went for ice cream.
  • Quote
Like sp4cetiger said previously though, we are well-meaned people and don't intend to hurt anyone in the process, I think this could be okay so long as we keep it 'nice'.
_________________
  • Quote
an_outlaw wrote:
What do you think about me meccalecca? 8-[


I'll only answer this question if you post a picture of yourself.
  • Quote
This whole user confusion thing makes me think some one should write a murder mystery game with BEA members as the characters.

Minds would bend
_________________
Alt Right meme game on point

I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS A PERSON OF JUDGEMENT.
  • Quote
bongritsu wrote:
This whole user confusion thing makes me think some one should write a murder mystery game with BEA members as the characters.

Minds would bend


The plot twists would make M Night Shayamalan very jealous
  • Quote
sp4cetiger wrote:
There was a thread like that? Dear god...

Yeah, there was also this http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...mp;start=0
  • Quote
tekin wrote:
Yeah, there was also this http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...mp;start=0


๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

I guess one of the winners has since been banned, so maybe I shouldn't laugh...

๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Quote
tekin wrote:
Yeah, there was also this http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...mp;start=0

๐Ÿคฃ Man, I used to be an annoying dick *Insert reply about how I still am one*
  • Quote
MrFrogger wrote:
:lol: Man, I used to be an annoying dick *Insert reply about how I still am one*


I never voted there, so be nice to me or I'll break the tie. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
  • Quote
The Poe wrote:
Here's an explanation:


Plunderphonixx and I share similar interests in music. There's been some confusion in the past on BEA where Plunderphonixx was continually getting banned. It appears the mods believed Plunderphonixx to be the same person as thursdayeno, who also shares somewhat similar interests in music as me. Separate from Plunderphonixx, thursdayeno likes to occasionally stop by with various account names and make similar looking charts, often including Radiohead, Sepultura, Charles Mingus, and Sigur Ros in them, before inevitably getting recognized by a mod and then banned. Plunderphonixx (more originally Freakfolker17) also had a period of creating new accounts and making charts, sometimes also including those previously mentioned artists. Plunderphonixx has a more variety of tendencies, though, like taking a particular liking to Frantz Casseus, Mexican American-Indian music (specifically Yaqui), and Greek artists like Alekos Karavitis.

So anyway, since the confusion with Plunderphonixx/Freakfolker17 and thursdayeno (originally kidamnesiac!) is over, we'll probably see less of these mysterious "copycats". I don't believe they are copying me as much as we happen to use similar sources for a lot of our music, and we also use each other as sources, so naturally, our music charts look similar.



And the reality is, I'm totally a copycat of backyardgypsy. Also, AntiWarhol. And various other RYM users. Also blog sites. ...yea


Whoever y'all are, you've got great tastes in music and it's been good for the site, though the sudden influx of "50/100" or "65/100" ratings on my chart is a little frustrating ... aww well, it's the users with obscure charts that I usually find music through, so it's still worth it.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345678910  Next
Page 7 of 10


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] [CLOSED] BEUT : sheep21 VS The Poe drakonium Tournaments
missing the poe sssvnnn Lounge
Remnants of The Poe Guest Music
[ Poll ] BEUT #3: craola V The Poe (craola) alelsupreme Tournaments
[ Poll ] [CLOSED] BEUT : The Poe VS 420BongRit... drakonium Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.