Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 276277278 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
LittleM1971 wrote:
Nice one Jim...always a great feeling when you bag a long term want. How many in your collection now? You'll be hitting 4 figures by the end of the year at the rate you're going!!!


That's assuming I don't sell some deadwood first. Got 880-odd LPs now (not including the ones I'm selling - just flogged a copy of Slint's Tweez to a guy in Northern Ireland - thought I'd get more picky as I approached 1k but I keep finding things that I want or didn't know I did. Another one of those Independant Record Fairs at Spitalfields coming up on 1st April (just happens to be my wedding anniversary), so that's not going to help the budget methinks...
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
got my order delivered from the Erstwhile Records sale


Detour by Toshiya Tsunoda & Manfred Werder


The Room by Keith Rowe


Dystonia Duos by Joe Panzner / Greg Stuart


Motubachii by Annette Krebs & Taku Unami


Soba To Bara by Ami Yoshida & Toshimaru Nakamura

and then also Green Just As I Could See by Andrea Neumann and Bonnie Jones
  • Quote
  • Quote
Actually a few days ago, but...


Imperial Bedroom by Elvis Costello & The Attractions

I always try and pick up some Costello if I can find it. I'm collecting. I've been looking for this one for ages, so a nice find


Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive by Joe Jackson

I remember hearing this, and thinking it was great fun. It was only $6, so what the hell? (Do not regret, btw!)
  • Quote

Doing It For The Kids by Various Artists

Ace Creation compilation which along with Shadow Factory on Sarah showed me it wasn't just the artists you could fall in love with...it was record labels too!!! ยฃ3


Aretha Now by Aretha Franklin

UK Mono 1st press, different cover to that pictured here and a bit of a bargain at just ยฃ3.
  • Quote
In the last couple of days:


Bert Jansch by Bert Jansch

'65 original press on Transatlantic from Guildford. Cost a tenner - saw the very same going in a record shop in South East London today for ยฃ100


Raw Power by The Stooges

Canadian press


1977 by Ash

Original UK issue found at the back of a record store in St Helens


Harakka Bialoipokku by Pekka Pohjola

I've been listening to this album loads of late - most famous for the penultimate track containing the sample that DJ Shadow used for Midnight In A Perfect World. Perhaps the only Jazz Fusion LP I own - maybe the first of many, who knows? Anyway - this is the '75 Virgin press (called B The Magpie), snagged from eBay
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
In the last couple of days:


Bert Jansch by Bert Jansch

'65 original press on Transatlantic from Guildford. Cost a tenner - saw the very same going in a record shop in South East London today for ยฃ100



What.

_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Bert Jansch by Bert Jansch

'65 original press on Transatlantic from Guildford. Cost a tenner - saw the very same going in a record shop in South East London today for ยฃ100


What.


Yeah, I've been quite lucky of late. This place in Guildford is a real mixed bag (MBV bootlegs for like ยฃ30+) but bloke who owns it uses Discogs as a guide and prices accordingly. Looks like he made a monumental cock-up here... ๐Ÿ˜„

Today's addition:


Nowhere by Ride

Original Creation UK, embossed sleeve, found by some bloke near Pompey in his loft - covered in dust but once cleaned up it's immaculate. A steal off eBay.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote

The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady by Charles Mingus

The Suburbs by Arcade Fire

In Rainbows by Radiohead

Drunk by Thundercat

The Man-Machine by Kraftwerk
  • Quote

Just Us Kids by James McMurtry

this was a major please surprise find for me. based on a friend's recommendation and my positive opinion of Complicated Game, i decided to delve a little deeper into james mcmurtry's catalog. Childish Things was good but "just us kids" kicks fine alt-country from the start and hasn't let up 6 songs in. This is why i continue to try music new to my ears...
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 276277278 ... 494495496  Next
Page 277 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.