Metal Thread

Goto page 1234  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Discuss and share your favorite metal artists. Any subgenre.

New Haiduk album [death/black metal] - 'Exomancer' is now out!
  • Quote
I've long been a fan of early metal, Black Sabbath and the sort of proto-metal of Lucifer's Friend and Budgie.

I really took to the next generation with Iron Maiden.

I became a thrash fan, spending a lot of time with the likes of Metallica, Testament, Pantera, Slayer, Machine Head, but the only ones I listen to extensively today are Flotsam and Jetsam, Metal Church, and Death Angel.

I was always a prog fan, so it makes sense that I'd take to progressive metal as well. Early Rush was and is my favorite. I also spend a lot of time with Dream Theater and I think Fates Warning is one of the most underappreciated bands in any genre. I loved Queensryche, but don't spend much time with them these days. Among newer progressive metal, I favor Haken.

I am also a huge fan of symphonic metal, especially Within Temptation, Nightwish, and Epica, plus lots of next tier groups like Kamelot, Xandria, Nemesea, After Forever, and Amaranthe.

I also like technical metal, stoner metal, doom, and some black metal, but not so much death metal and definitely no glam or hair metal.
  • Quote
I was really going hard on my metal chart, but I've had to focus on some other stuff right now.

Here it is as it stands.

Bestever Metal Albums by Tha1ChiefRocka
  • Quote
Unfortunately no one gonna discuss or share metal artists here in BEA, is one of the most ignored genres here.
  • Quote
DanielNunes93 wrote:
Unfortunately no one gonna discuss or share metal artists here in BEA, is one of the most ignored genres here.
Agreed, but that's why Metal Thread is a great idea
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
The only metal album I've listened to so far this year and liked is Somn's The All-Devouring. Russian blackgaze. If the only blackgaze band you know is Deafheaven, you're in for a treat. While Deafheaven's music can be described as wall of distortion with a ray of light breaking through, Somn can be described as wall of distortion surrounded by eternal winter, in the middle of West Siberian wasteland, with periods of heavy snow and periods of complete silence devoid of life. And that's all I'm gonna say.
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
So far in 2019, I've picked up two metal releases.

Flotsam and Jetsam's new release, The End of Chaos, has been a good selection. It harkens back to their earlier days during the golden age of thrash metal but with tighter songwriting and more creative drumming. It's a great release at this point in their career.

Within Temptation's Resist appears to be something of a mixed bag upon first listen (as was their last release, Hydra), and I'm hoping it grows on me (like Hydra did). Sometimes the seem to overdo it with the guest artists though.
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:
The only metal album I've listened to so far this year and liked is Somn's The All-Devouring. Russian blackgaze. If the only blackgaze band you know is Deafheaven, you're in for a treat. While Deafheaven's music can be described as wall of distortion with a ray of light breaking through, Somn can be described as wall of distortion surrounded by eternal winter, in the middle of West Siberian wasteland, with periods of heavy snow and periods of complete silence devoid of life. And that's all I'm gonna say.



Reading this comment, if you do not know, try Mร˜L debut album "Jord". I think you'll like it ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
I've always been sad by how poorly metal is represented here on BEA, but I do still love it, and I know there are a few users here who love it too.

If anyone's interested, I've got charts for black metal, doom/sludge metal, power metal, and death metal (with thrash metal and post-metal charts still very slowly in the works).

As far as metal from this year, this black metal album from Downfall of Gaia was pretty solid and is worth checking out if black metal is your thing (though it might be more post-metal than black metal)


Ethic Of Radical Finitude by Downfall Of Gaia
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums


Last edited by RockyRaccoon on 02/13/2019 13:38; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
I only like metal if it comes from scandanavia, japan or canada (parts of the US and eastern europe are fine too)

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 1234  Next
Page 1 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
Best Death metal/ Black metal albums??? jshawnano Music
[ Poll ] IRON MAIDEN BEST METAL BAND EVER AP... GARY Music
A Metal Thread Repo Music
The Metal Thread mickilennial Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.