2021 Music

Goto page Previous  123 ... 678 ... 606162  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Keatownrodriguez wrote:

OK Human by Weezer

The strings man.... THE STRINGS THE LYRICS we're back to really personal lyrics it's great


I agree its good. On first listen it didn't blow me away but it sounded like a nice and pretty big change to their sound as well as better than the last few albums of theirs that I listened to.


As for me, I am kinda loving this Celeste debut. It's my fave album thus far of this young year.


Not Your Muse by Celeste Waite

--------------

Also that short Screamoviolence(what a fucking name for a genre jesus)/ Black metal album by Portrayal of Guilt called We Are Always Alone is quite good and very intense and I liked it. Need to give it more spins to formulate further thoughts on it. The screaming was bloody great.

Also really liked the new Lia Ice album Family Album. For those who like somewhat unorthodox (meaning, not 3-4 chords and standard folk song structures you have heard on so many folk singer/songwriter albums) and quite beautiful.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Repo wrote:
EyeKanFly wrote:

Perpetual Chaos by Nervosa
This just dropped today (thrash metal if it wasn't clear from the album art lol). Nervosa went through a lineup change since their last album but this one doesn't disappoint. I think I prefer the old singer/grunter but I also think the new drummer is a bit more technical which is what really helps thrash metal thrash.


Yeah. I'm going to drop this from my rotation of possible contenders for my AOTW. Not as strong as some as the other metal releases I've heard this year such as Frozen Soul & Dread Sovereign, both of which are killer.

Let me know if I'm missing something if anyone takes a particular shine to this one.


Haven't heard Frozen Soul yet but the Dread Sovereign album is without a doubt stronger than Perpetual Chaos.

There was another metal album that I heard by Verthebral last week that I thought was going near the top of my chart, but turns out it's from a few years ago lol, the release date was incorrect on Bandcamp when I listened (looks like it's been corrected).
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote
EyeKanFly wrote:
There was another metal album that I heard by Verthebral last week that I thought was going near the top of my chart, but turns out it's from a few years ago lol, the release date was incorrect on Bandcamp when I listened (looks like it's been corrected).

Paraguayan death metal? Where do I sign up?
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:
Paraguayan death metal? Where do I sign up?


haha: https://verthebraldeath.bandcamp.com/

Their label (https://transcendingobscurity.bandcamp.com/music) put out a sampler a couple weeks ago which had a song of theirs which isn't on either Abysmal Decay or their earlier album. Might just be a single/cut track from an old album, but they might be working on something for this year. They've released an album on odd-numbered years since 2015, but idk how covid impacts the typical schedule.

Interestingly, the label is from India and features a TON of interesting metal music made by musicians from around the world. Worth delving into if you wanna do a deep dive into international metal acts. I recommend checking out their 2021 sampler first.

EDIT: apparently Verthebral doesn't have a track on the 2021 sampler, whoops. Not sure where I heard that single then, sorry.
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote

The Blue Of Distance by Elori Saxl

Great ambient release. Sounds like an underwater excursion full of mystery
  • Quote

Link
  • Quote
I was gonna create a new thread for this set of "albums" but there is another Everywhere album called Everywhere In The Beginning of Nowhere. It's 7 albums. It's last disc over 90 minutes. Album covers and track titles feel like the genuine article. It's outro might be even more heartbreaking than the original Everything and the craziest part is that it was the time of releasing the albums and the age of the artist. Just want to point that out there. Got a random recommendation from Youtube. Now I'll start the ball rolling. Good Luck.
  • Quote
New Payroll & Cardo on the way. Payroll never misses, but it's a different gravy when he's rapping over Cardo beats. Precise Detroit hustler motivation over rolling g-funk - what's not to love?
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Ok this new Weezer shit is soooooo god
_________________
All time

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Quote
Patman360 wrote:



J.T. by Steve Earle & The Dukes

New Steve Earle release probably my favourite thing I've heard so far ..


At first, I thought this was merely good. Good, but certainly nothing to post about. I mean we've all heard enough Steve Earle by this point, right?

I was wrong! So so wrong! All u Americana and Alt Country freaks need to get on this shit.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 678 ... 606162  Next
Page 7 of 62


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Music Diaries SuedeSwede Music Diaries
An Idiot Listens to Western Music: Co... RoundTheBend Music Diaries
BEA 2021 Championship Tournament? baystateoftheart Tournaments
2021 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nom... baystateoftheart Music
[ Poll ] 2021-2022 NHL Season cestuneblague Lounge

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.