Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 424, 425, 426  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 12/06/2021 23:14
  • Post subject:
kokkinos wrote:
Bob Dylan chart I made as part of my diary, let's post it here as well.
Bob Dylan

Nice to see them all lined up like this. Just FYI for most of the albums, your reviews are longer than the character limit allowed by BEA in an album description, so they end up being cut off. Not sure what the best way around this is but thought you should know if you don't already.
kokkinos

• Posted: 12/07/2021 19:25
  • Post subject:
EyeKanFly wrote:
Nice to see them all lined up like this. Just FYI for most of the albums, your reviews are longer than the character limit allowed by BEA in an album description, so they end up being cut off. Not sure what the best way around this is but thought you should know if you don't already.

Oh, thanks for letting me know, it escaped my attention - I had no idea there was a character limit, added a related note so that everyone is aware of the situation.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/13/2022 18:43
  • Post subject:

Catfish & Collard Greens
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 03/10/2022 17:18
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

Catfish & Collard Greens
Never commented on this, but it's an invaluable resource. Along with Mercury's chart. Love it.

Long overdue, but my 90s chart is finally mostly done, so might as well make it public. Probably my favourite decade now that I've delved deeper into it. Loads of great metal, hip hop, electronic, indie picks. I'll keep on updating it regularly, just like the other decade charts.

90s

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 03/11/2022 03:09
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
Hayden wrote:

Catfish & Collard Greens
Never commented on this, but it's an invaluable resource. Along with Mercury's chart. Love it.

Thanks LedZep (and thanks for the chart comment Merc). I actually really like this chart. I had a fairly poor/boring introduction to blues, and I wanted to put something forward that would make sure that didn't happen to others.

I'm sure Mercury did the same thing at some point, but the blues crate dig has also consisted of reading a lot of phenomenal stories (sad, insane, badass stories) about the musicians. Strangely, sometimes the phenomenal part is the lack of story. There's a few names on there with backgrounds as thin and mysterious as 'they made a record and disappeared' — 'maybe they're dead, who knows' — 'the one photo we have of them actually isn't them'. The age of streaming has also revived a lot of these rather scarce albums, so I'm hoping to shine some light on a stack of somewhat forgotten records that deserve their day in the sun.

90%+ of the list is delta blues, which was my goal. I also wanted the general era to be slightly after the era Mercury focuses on for his chart, and try to highlight as many non-comps as possible. It isn't really one-album-per-artist (I mean, there's a couple musicians who appear on 3-4 records), but I did want to showcase as many different voices and styles as possible.

(Also, I'm hoping to give the chart a quick 5-6 album revision later this month).

I have a lot more to say about the entire project (the idea started shortly after my Canada chart), but for some reason my brain's a little too foggy to write it down at the moment. Maybe on the weekend.
  • Visit poster's website
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom

• Posted: 03/29/2022 14:25
  • Post subject:
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by SuedeSwede gave my chart a rather overdue update Smile
KitchenSink

• Posted: 07/20/2022 23:49
  • Post subject:
so I'm looking to put together a chart of the best recommendations I've gotten from all you lovely people (basically wanna do my version of You BEAutiful People! Top Recs From Oth...immy Dread, but I've gotten so many amazing revs from y'all over the past... 9 and a half years jesus.... anyway that I can't necessarily even remember who suggested what, so if anyone has clear memory of having suggested my something in the past please let me know because I wanna make sure I credit everybody appropriately Love
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 03/29/2023 13:36
  • Post subject:
My 2023 chart should be mostly up to date. Feeling pretty good how the year is coming along. Big thanks to Repo and everyone for sparking my interest of getting back into being current with music.
  • Visit poster's website
travelful
BEA's Official Florida Man

United States

• Posted: 05/16/2023 23:11
  • Post subject:
2020's hip-hop chart got its 100th entry today. Only includes projects I gave an 85/100 or higher. It's in my signature, check it out if you'd like.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 08/03/2023 15:16
  • Post subject:
Finally decided to spend a few hours on my overall chart. It's still a placeholder list, but I like it. Here's the link if Gowi is interested in bumping that 7/10 rating Very Happy

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website