Favorite Winter Albums

Goto page Previous  123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Anti wrote:



The Mantle by Agalloch


Way cool album cover.

I wasn't familiar with that one so I had to check it out. Very cool.
  • Quote
comfy core for the hot jackets, since we have no winter in the amazon rainforest, our rainy weeks are the closest we get from feeling the cold tickle our feet.

Long Season by ใƒ•ใ‚ฃใƒƒใ‚ทใƒฅใƒžใƒณใ‚บ [Fishmans]

For Emma, Forever Ago by Bon Iver

A Winged Victory For The Sullen by A Winged Victory For The Sullen

Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts by M83

Electro-Shock Blues by Eels

The Visitor by Jim O'Rourke

Rather Ripped by Sonic Youth
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote
bobbyb5 wrote:
Well, I tend to take things too literally. So in the winter I listen to Johnny Winter or the Edgar Winter Group. And in the summer I listen to Donna Summer.

๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž 8)


I wonder if you like bruce springsteen and the fall
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote

9 by Damien Rice
_________________
All time

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Quote
bobbyb5 wrote:
Well, I tend to take things too literally. So in the winter I listen to Johnny Winter or the Edgar Winter Group. And in the summer I listen to Donna Summer.

๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž 8)


And in the Fall do you listen to The Fall???
  • Quote

If On A Winter's Night... by Sting

This one is good in winter, good thing is you can play it at Christmas but you can also play it past Christmas cuz it is mostly wintry in theme. Soul Cake is a good song and that, and another one, were used in the Christmas film Love the Coopers, or to give it its British title Christmas With the Coopers. It wasn't highly rated by critics but I enjoyed it over Christmas.

You can play this in January though. Honest!!
  • Quote
Atmospheric black metal all winter long for me. Snowy up here.

Taake - Hordalands Doedskvad
Burzum - Hvis Lysett Tar Oss
Ruins Of Beverast - Rain Upon The Impure
Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter
  • Quote
Stover75 wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Well, I tend to take things too literally. So in the winter I listen to Johnny Winter or the Edgar Winter Group. And in the summer I listen to Donna Summer.

๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž 8)


And in the Fall do you listen to The Fall???



It's only logical
_________________
All time

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Quote

Bon Iver, Bon Iver by Bon Iver


The Moon & Antarctica by Modest Mouse
  • Quote

Kid A by Radiohead

Kid A came out in October 2000, so it was on constant rotation all that winter. For some reason, the song "Optimistic" in particular just makes me think of snowfall. There's something sort of claustrophobic about the album that evokes heavy snow cover.


Way To Blue by Nick Drake

This is a compilation, so it's just peak Nick Drake, which is pretty melancholy overall.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123  Next
Page 2 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best of 1974 1AE: Winter Lig... Listmeister Tournaments
[ Poll ] Best Metal Album, Round 1: Nightfall ... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] BMT, Round 3: Ace of Spades vs At the... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
XXII Winter Olympics Anti Lounge
[ Poll ] SST ROUND 1: I'm Not vs. (Summer Babe... revolver94 Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.