Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s by videoheadcleaner (2022)
- Chart updated: 09/22/2022 11:15
- (Created: 11/20/2011 12:03).
- Chart size: 100 albums.
There are 25 comments for this chart from BestEverAlbums.com members and Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s has an average rating of 86 out of 100 (from 47 votes). Please log in or register to leave a comment or assign a rating.
View the complete list of 47,000 charts on BestEverAlbums.com from The Charts page.
Don't agree with this chart? Create your own from the My Charts page!
Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s composition
|The Sensational Alex Harvey Band||3||3%|
Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s chart changes
| Down 2 from 87th to 89th|
by Lou Reed
| Down 2 from 88th to 90th|
by Tim Buckley
| Down 2 from 89th to 91st|
The Man Who Sold The World
by David Bowie
Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s similar charts
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s by infinitejester (2020)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s by album guru joe (2012)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s by twinpeakster (2017)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s by souplipton (2022)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s by PeterSmith (2022)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s by chriskarman (2020)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s by Pastiche (2022)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s by henriknaess (2018)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s by Secondsoul (2015)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s by Madrocker (2019)
Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s similarity to your chart(s)
Not a member? Registering is quick, easy and FREE!
- Join a passionate community of over 50,000 music fans.
- Create & share your own charts.
- Have your say in the overall rankings.
- Post comments in the forums and vote on polls.
- Comment on or rate any album, artist, track or chart.
- Discover new music & improve your music collection.
- Customise the overall chart using a variety of different filters & metrics.
- Create a wishlist of albums.
- Help maintain the BEA database.
- Earn member points and gain access to increasing levels of functionality!
- ... And lots more!
Register now - it only takes a moment!
Other decade charts by videoheadcleanerTop 100 Music Albums of the 2020s by videoheadcleaner (2022)
Top 100 Music Albums of the 2010s by videoheadcleaner (2022)
Top 100 Music Albums of the 2000s by videoheadcleaner (2022)
Top 100 Music Albums of the 1990s by videoheadcleaner (2022)
Top 100 Music Albums of the 1980s by videoheadcleaner (2022)
Top 100 Music Albums of the 1960s by videoheadcleaner (2022)
Top 100 Music Albums of the 1950s by videoheadcleaner (2022)
Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this chart. | Show all 47 ratings for this chart.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Chart ratings||Avg. chart rating|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some charts can have several thousand ratings)
This chart has a Bayesian average rating of 85.7/100, a mean average of 85.6/100, and a trimmed mean (excluding outliers) of 85.6/100. The standard deviation for this chart is 9.9.
Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s favourites
Showing all 3 members who have added this chart as a favourite
Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s comments
Showing latest 10 comments | Show all 25 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
Respect your choices ~ although we travel down some very different musical tastes despite having 20 albums in common. From earlier comments, it looks like a few Aussie albums have left the list over time - Renee Geyee, Masters Apprentices - that's sad, as they truly deserve to be there - along with Midnight Oil, Richard Clapton, Cold Chisel, Jo Jo Zep.
24 in common, great list.
Wish You Were Here #1... interesting
You really seem to know what you are talking about.
BAD BAD NOT GOOD
Indeed some albums to check out
Jeff Wayne's 'War of the Worlds'!? Ok, this is officially one of the best charts on this entire site!!
Good seeing the Saints, but I can't stand seeing Greeting from LA by Tim Buckley and not his Starsailor.
Your feedback for Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.