so a friend of the In-laws said she had a few records she no longer wanted. Turns out to be about 100 LP's most of which I'll be selling on for her, for my troubles she said keep what you want which were...
+ a really nice 60's Mono Wilson Pickett compilation
She then asks if I'm interested in 7" singles and comes out with a box load of about 50 soul singles on Stax, Motown and Atlantic. All the classics...I've had so much fun spinning these.
Jimmy DreadOld skool like Happy ShopperModeratorProfile 555 Dub Street
so a friend of the In-laws said she had a few records she no longer wanted. Turns out to be about 100 LP's most of which I'll be selling on for her, for my troubles she said keep what you want... She then asks if I'm interested in 7" singles and comes out with a box load of about 50 soul singles on Stax, Motown and Atlantic. All the classics...I've had so much fun spinning these.
Nice, especially that copy of Electric Ladyland with the tits out (been after that for a while). Nowt like getting records for... er... nowt. Last time I had an offer like that was to take a load of James Last LPs off my wife's Gran. Can't think why I passed up that opportunity.
Totally have to thank Gabe for this album - Arthur Russell goes jangle/power-pop. Been after it for an age but thankfully the good people at Be With Records have just repressed it. Marvellous. Fans of early REM, Feelies, Talking Heads, etc. will dig it I'm sure... _________________ 'Reggae' & t'ing Folk 'n Stuff SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
One of the biggest surprises in French pop music in the 00s was ex-60s/70s wonderboy hitmaker Christophe's unexpected return to fame, after a long ungrateful spell, with his 2001 now-classic Comm' si la terre penchait. This was the follow-up and is not quite as good, but for one effing euro...
Not exactly this one but a 1990 reissue that compiles the original album tracklisting with other singles. Very glad I found this, as I tend to mainly snatch 90s and 00s albums and never find 60s/70s classics - people most likely keep them. Had never heard anything by the Trashmen beyond 'Surfin' Bird' either and the whole lot of the songs is actually quite good.
Not as keen on this one as I thought I'd be, still a nice find. Einaudi's minimalist melody's a bit bland to these ears, and there's not enough Ballakรฉ.
Not my favourite Scratch as regular readers will know but when it's only ยฃ3 for a UK 1st you'd be nuts to turn it down.
Also picked up this piece of 70s dub wonderment, original JA press with a silk screen cover and everything sitting at the back of a collection of fuckin' UB40 and Aswad LPs:
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum