Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 292293294 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Farm by Dinosaur Jr.
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Vinyl:


Kettle by The Chesterfields

C86 goodness from Yeovil's finest


Life's A Riot With Spy Vs Spy by Billy Bragg

Upgrade as my old copy has a nasty warp which stopped me from listening to his finest song...A New England.
  • Quote
Part of the joys of being a record collector who doesn't have any qualms about shifting on stuff that's just gathering dust is that when you sell your old crap you end up getting some spare change (well, ยฃ100) to spend on new tatt to annoy the wife. I'd originally intended to keep it locked away until tomorrow's Independent Label Market at London's Spitalfields, but instead I decided to venture over to ยฃ.s.d Records in Salisbury (probably the nearest record shop to Stonehenge) and picked up a couple of belters:


In Rainbows by Radiohead

The original 2 x 12" box set with 2xCDs. Funnily enough I'd spied this in the shop on my last visit in March and as I got into my car to leave work (somewhat ironically) in Oxford I called them on the outside chance that they still had it. Amazingly they did - and at ยฃ60 for around half as much as it's going for on-line. CDs had fingerprints all over them, but the records had never been played. Until now - and they sound jaw-dropping. Worth every penny.


Mezcal Head by Swervedriver

Unbelievably the original Creation press - and only a tenner more than the repress is currently selling for. Couldn't believe my luck (bearing in mind this is the same shop from whence I bought Therapy?'s Troublegum for ยฃ3 to later flog it for ยฃ55)


The Soft Machine by Soft Machine

Volume Two by Soft Machine

Some mid-70s 2-fer. In fact I first had my hands on this set 20 years ago almost to the day when my good friend Eilir bought it into the student radio station we used to present programmes on and played "Why Are We Sleeping" at 3 o'clock in the afternoon


Tapestry by Carole King

To keep the wife happy. Original. Bloke chucked it in for nowt

And then from eBay over the last couple of days:


Presenting Larry Marshall by Larry Marshall

Ace Studio One LP - repress with different cover (the original goes for ยฃ00s). Continuing the infatuation


Skywriting by The Field Mice

Last of the 3 Sarah studio LPs I was missing. Just need Coastal now for the full set
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
all on vinyl:

The Sun Rises In The East by Jeru The Damaja


Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version by Ol' Dirty Bastard


Dreamer by Bobby Bland


Keith & Donna by Keith & Donna


Sco-Mule by Gov't Mule
  • Quote

Silver/Lead by Wire
On vinyl ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote

Ege Bamyasi by Can

Also picked up a Greensleeves compilation, definitely in for some eargasms tonight
  • Quote
I just can't help myself....:D


How To Be A... Zillionaire! by ABC


Lost And Gone Forever by Guster


The Transformed Man by William Shatner


Roxy Music by Roxy Music


The Harrow & The Harvest by Gillian Welch
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Live And Loud by 999
2017 Yellow Vinyl RSD release ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
I had a vinyl splurge:


Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me by The Cure

the remastered by Robert Smith version. Got ยฃ10 off it in a sale.


Blood On The Tracks by Bob Dylan

sounds beautiful on vinyl


Highway 61 Revisited by Bob Dylan

on mono, didn't realise till I got home but sound quality is not too bad


Are You Experienced by The Jimi Hendrix Experience

at a bargain price

All brand new vinyls. I only have a small handful of original classic vinyls
I am only just beginning to collect vinyl really.

I also bought the OKNOTOK vinyl of Radiohead's OK Computer on blue vinyl but then returned it 2 days later. I know it's fairly rare but it would only have sat there sealed and unplayed, as I already have it on black vinyl.
Could be a big mistake but only time will tell.

I like to play my vinyl not keep it pristine.

Oh, I also got 2 CDs:

new Depeche Mode one - Spirit. Better than expected.

Richard & Linda Thompson _ I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight

I discovered the latter years ago when looking through the first version of Rolling Stone's famous list of the 500 greatest albums ever. It was near the bottom end but I remember playing it late one night online and being entranced. Great to finally own it.
  • Quote
Finally got over to visit 'Vinyl Lounge' over in Mansfield. Really nice shop which along with new pressings has a very well stocked 2nd hand selection. It's probably about 50/50 actually and like many new shops sells coffee and cakes and stuff.

Anyway from the 2nd hand section picked up...


Smiley Smile by The Beach Boys

Original UK Pressing in VG+ condition


Reality by James Brown

US original in hopefully VG condition

You don't come across classic 1970's period James Brown too often here in England so pleased to pick this up, noticed a bit of sticky residue on the opening track (probably a bit of Victoria sponge...that's the problem with selling cakes in a record shop!!!) which hopefully will come off in the wash. He let me have it for a tenner due to this so fingers crossed.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 292293294 ... 494495496  Next
Page 293 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.