Double Nickels On The Dime (studio album) by Minutemen
Go to store
Condition: Very Good
Go to store
Go to store
Double Nickels On The Dime is ranked as the best album by Minutemen.
Listen to Double Nickels On The Dime on YouTube
Double Nickels On The Dime track list
Top-rated track as rated by BestEverAlbums.com members.
Double Nickels On The Dime rankings
Latest 20 charts that this album appears in:
You can include this album in your own chart from the My Charts page!
Double Nickels On The Dime collection
Showing latest 20 members who have this album in their collection | Show all 230 members
Double Nickels On The Dime ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this album. | Show all 618 ratings for this album.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Album ratings||Avg. album rating|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some albums can have several thousand ratings)
This album is rated in the top 2% of all albums on BestEverAlbums.com. This album has a Bayesian average rating of 80.1/100, a mean average of 79.0/100, and a trimmed mean (excluding outliers) of 80.2/100. The standard deviation for this album is 16.9.
Double Nickels On The Dime favourites
Showing latest 20 members who have added this album as a favourite | Show all 108 members
Double Nickels On The Dime comments
Showing latest 10 comments | Show all 47 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
The album is a sprawling collection of 45 tracks that seamlessly blend punk, funk, jazz, and spoken word. The band's unique approach to songwriting and their ability to pack so much creativity into each track is truly remarkable.
Their punk attitude has an authenticity that some other acclaimed 80s releases are missing. This album made me into a fan.
The band's ability to tackle a variety of subjects with wit, intelligence, and a sense of social commentary. From political issues to personal introspection, the lyrics are thought-provoking and delivered with a sense of urgency.
I feel that this album is overrated, Zen Arcade is much better, but lower ranked. This one is pointlessly too long and although we have some hidden gems here they are buried in a ton of aimless tracks. It is fun, but the length and some tracks are killing the enjoyment for me.
Músicas curtas de puro brilho.
Alright but way too long
This comment is beneath your viewing threshold.
( / )
1. "Anxious Mo-Fo" D. Boon, Mike Watt - 70
2. "Theatre Is the Life of You" Boon, Watt - 71
3. "Viet Nam" Boon - 72
4. "Cohesion" Boon - 76
5. "It's Expected I'm Gone" Watt - 79
6. "#1 Hit Song" Boon, George Hurley - 78
7. "Two Beads at the End" Boon, Hurley - 75
8. "Do You Want New Wave or Do You Want the Truth?" Watt - 79
9. "Don't Look Now" (Live; Creedence Clearwater Revival cover; Omitted from 1987 CD release) John Fogerty - 24
10. "Shit from an Old Notebook" Boon, Watt - 68
11. "Nature Without Man" Chuck Dukowski, Boon - 65
12. "One Reporter's Opinion" Watt - 79
1. "Political Song for Michael Jackson to Sing" Watt - 69
2. "Maybe Partying Will Help" Boon, Watt - 71
3. "Toadies" Watt - 46
4. "Retreat" Watt - 74
5. "The Big Foist" Watt - 61
6. "God Bows to Math" Jack Brewer, Watt - 67
7. "Corona" Boon - 80
8. "The Glory of Man" Watt - 81
9. "Take 5, D." Joe Baiza, John Rocknowski, Dirk Vandenberg, Watt - 83
10. "My Heart and the Real World" Watt - 80
11. "History Lesson – Part II" Watt - 89
1. "You Need the Glory" Hurley - 31
2. "The Roar of the Masses Could Be Farts" Vandenberg, Watt - 78
3. "Mr. Robot's Holy Orders" (Omitted from all CD releases) Hurley - 69
4. "West Germany" Boon - 77
5. "The Politics of Time" Watt - 76
6. "Themselves" Boon - 71
7. "Please Don't Be Gentle with Me" Jack Brewer, Watt - 80
8. "Nothing Indeed" Hurley, Watt - 73
9. "No Exchange" Hurley, Watt - 84
10. "There Ain't Shit on T.V. Tonight" Hurley, Watt - 72
11. "This Ain't No Picnic" Boon - 68
12. "Spillage" Watt - 72
1. "Untitled Song for Latin America" Boon - 75
2. "Jesus and Tequila" Boon, Joe Carducci - 85
3. "June 16th" Watt - 67
4. "Storm in My House" Boon, Henry Rollins 1:57
5. "Martin's Story" Martin Tamburovich, Watt 0:51
6. "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love" (Van Halen cover; Omitted from all CD releases) Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, David Lee Roth, Michael Anthony 0:40
7. "Dr. Wu" (Steely Dan cover; Omitted from 1987 CD release) Donald Fagen, Walter Becker 1:44
8. "Little Man with a Gun in His Hand" (Omitted from all CD releases) Boon, Chuck Dukowski 2:53
9. "The World According to Nouns" Watt 2:05
10. "Love Dance" Boon
45 songs and each song is different, creative, and unique in the punk canon. One of the great achivements of the 80s hardcore scene.
Every song jams hard
punky and funky
So many short but dope songs.
Your feedback for Double Nickels On The Dime
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.