Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by arthurbittencourt (2021)
A short list on my favourite classical pieces
1. Pavane For A Dead Princess (piano) - Ravel
2. Symphony No 3 - Gorécki
3. Piano Concerto No 2- Rachmaninoff
4. Piano Concerto No 2 - Shostakovich
5. Gaspard de la nuit - Ravel
6. Spring Rounds - Stravinsky
7. Bolero - Ravel
8. Symphony No 9 - Gustav Mahler
9. Symphony No 10 - Gustav Mahler
10. O Mio Bambino Caro - Puccini
11. Valse Des Flocons de Neige / Danse Arabe - Tchaikovsky
12. O Sacred Head Sore Wounded - J. S. Bach
13. Quartour Pour La Fin Du Temps - Oliver Messiaen
14. Frederic Chopin - Nocturne en mi bemol majeur
15. Cantus In Memory Of Benjamin Britten - Arvo Pärt
16. Summer (presto) - Vivaldi
17. Messe des Pauvres - Erik Satie
18. Duettino Sull'aria Le nozze di Figaro - Mozart
19. Doktor Faust - Ferruccio Busoni
Experiencing an album you love, is to experience yourself.
1 per artist
- Chart updated: 16 hours ago
- (Created: 07/25/2011 04:03).
- Chart size: 100 albums.
There are 67 comments for this chart from BestEverAlbums.com members and Top 100 Greatest Music Albums has an average rating of 89 out of 100 (from 135 votes). Please log in or register to leave a comment or assign a rating.
View the complete list of 46,000 charts on BestEverAlbums.com from The Charts page.
The one was deep and wide and beautiful, but slow and blended with an immeasurable sorrow, from which its beauty chiefly came.
The band that killed Radiohead for me.
Sometimes to gloom is good, without the depths of trouble we wouldn't step towards the light. This is not an album that romanticizes about depression. Red House Painters are a deep rock n roll band that are all about standing hurt, and they flood you up with intense sentiments. Like a redeemed giant size grunge murderer, Kozeleks dusty angel spirit drops its finest era into this masterpiece, finding beauty in learning, siting on swingsets , observing the windy trees. Contemplating the sutilties of existing in this world as a 1990s long haired human. A good record for fallen times, and vivid proof that sorrow is to them what beauty is to us.
Medicine Bottle - like a slowed version of Pink Floyd's Dogs
Down Colourful Hill - like an opera by puccini
(Down Colourful Hill is Mark Kozelek's rawest musical moment in time. Red House Painters 1st LP is Mark's most beautiful musical moment in time.) [First added to this chart: 12/29/2013]
Don't agree with this chart? Create your own from the My Charts page!
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums composition
|Amon Düül II||1||1%|
|Camper Van Beethoven||1||1%|
|Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||1||1%|
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums chart changes
| Up 2 from 30th to 28th|
by The Pop Group
| Up 1 from 31st to 30th|
by Roy Montgomery
| Up 1 from 9th to 8th|
by Julia Holter
| Down 3 from 6th to 9th|
The Attitude Era
by Dean Blunt & Inga Copeland
| Down 2 from 29th to 31st|
The Dock Of The Bay
by Otis Redding
| Down 1 from 28th to 29th|
Works In Progress
by Tim Buckley
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums similar charts
- Top 99 Music Albums of the 1990s by arthurbittencourt (2021)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1980s by arthurbittencourt (2021)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by The Gollux (2019)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by kadupheming (2019)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by hairymarx1 (2016)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by AfterHours (2021)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Lourenco (2019)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 2010s by arthurbittencourt (2021)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by paologabriel (2021)
- If son of Scaruffi marry RS editor, this would be their... by SingingPeasant96 (2013)
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums similarity to your chart(s)
Not a member? Registering is quick, easy and FREE!
- Join a passionate community of over 40,000 music fans.
- Create & share your own charts.
- Have your say in the overall rankings.
- Post comments in the forums and vote on polls.
- Comment on or rate any album, artist, track or chart.
- Discover new music & improve your music collection.
- Customise the overall chart using a variety of different filters & metrics.
- Create a wishlist of albums.
- Help maintain the BEA database.
- Earn member points and gain access to increasing levels of functionality!
- ... And lots more!
Register now - it only takes a moment!
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this chart. | Show all 135 ratings for this chart.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Chart ratings||Avg. chart rating|
|45 hours ago||jackq||24||95/100|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some charts can have several thousand ratings)
This chart is rated in the top 3% of all charts on BestEverAlbums.com. This chart has a Bayesian average rating of 88.7/100, a mean average of 89.1/100, and a trimmed mean (excluding outliers) of 89.0/100. The standard deviation for this chart is 8.6.
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums favourites
Showing all 20 members who have added this chart as a favourite
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums comments
Showing latest 10 comments | Show all 67 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
Guter Chart, ich finde die Auswahl sehr erstaunlich. Vor allem weil viele Künstler vertreten sind die nicht in den Top 1000 sind, aber es sind gute Alben dabei.
Your description seemed almost too extravagant to where I was expecting you to say that these albums make you contemplate existence and then have The National at #1 or something. Luckily, no, this chart is fantastic.
A ton of stuff I need to check out now, but we share enough tastes that I'm confident digging through this one.
Very few in common with my chart, but I feel a good spirit in this chart: Adventurous but not pretentious.
(meaning a good mix of stars and outsiders) and lot´s of cool albums.
So similar, so different...
My two favourite recordings of Ravel's pavane are by Myra Hess and Walter Gieseking. You might wanna check them out if you haven't already.
Electic, diverse I am enthralled by your taste. Would love to see more notes in the vein of Down Colorful Hill for a perfect score.
An interesting chart. Enjoyable read. Good for the contributor liking music that’s a bit left field. I’ve heard most albums on the chart and genuinely don’t like some of the them. That’s life. However there are enough I do like for a good rating. No one is right and no one is wrong. It’s all about personal taste and enjoying when the stylus hits the vinyl. If others like more popular records...so what ? Life’s too short. I’m glad you love music as much as I do.
"Sensacional, tem muita coisa aqui que eu realmente acho absurdamente cool, o tipo de ecletismo de quem realmente ama a arte musical e quer contribuir com escolhas sensatas e altamente idiossincráticas, parabéns caro irmão"
Fantastic chart my dude! Many cool and unusual picks here (love the Ferraro and the Sakamoto one). Going to check out Fausto. I will certainly be coming back to this for further recommendations.
Your feedback for Top 100 Greatest Music Albums
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.