Greatest Live Albums by daftpunter (2019)
Since the 5th grade, when I convinced my mom to buy me an album with a bunch of cartoon characters singing songs about cold gin and rock 'n' rollin' all night, I've been in love with live albums. I didn't go to concerts until after high school (my first being Queen with Billy Squire at the old Philly Spectrum in 1981) so my connection with live music was in an album format. My favorite band being the Who I can kick myself for never seeing them with the original lineup. Just this year my brother was kind enough to buy me a tremendous birthday present, my first Who concert in Atlantic City. Old men CAN kick ass. This is my take on the best the live format has to offer. It's not quite to 100 yet, but I'm sure we'll get it there. The top 20 have some semblance of order. The remainder will need tweaking. Offer your advice. I never own enough live music. And yes, someday I may find a Dead Dick's Pick's that I may actually list (editors note: Found it. see entry 11). Maybe even a Pearl Jam?
- Chart updated: 03/10/2019 16:45
- (Created: 05/17/2013 08:33).
- Chart size: 93 albums.
There is 1 comment for this chart from BestEverAlbums.com members and Greatest Live Albums has an average rating of 88 out of 100 (from 3 votes). Please log in or register to leave a comment or assign a rating.
View the complete list of 47,000 charts on BestEverAlbums.com from The Charts page.
Don't agree with this chart? Create your own from the My Charts page!
Greatest Live Albums composition
|Neil Young & Crazy Horse||2||2%|
|Bob Marley & The Wailers||2||2%|
Greatest Live Albums chart changes
| Down 1 from 28th to 29th|
James Brown Live At The Apollo
by James Brown
| Down 1 from 29th to 30th|
Before The Flood
by Bob Dylan & The Band
| Down 1 from 30th to 31st|
The Beach Boys In Concert
by The Beach Boys
Greatest Live Albums similar charts
- FAVORITE LIVE ALBUMS by Captain_Dude (2015)
- Essential Live Recordings by covecove (2014)
- My favourite live albums. by garycottier (2016)
- The Best Live Albums of All Time by Johnnyo (2020)
- You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore - Best Live Albums by Error Finn (2016)
- Live is live by Ottokar (2017)
- Gig Recs For Those Who Can't Get Laid by Applerill (2020)
- Top 74 Greatest Music Albums by ClassicRock1 (2017)
- Top 100 Music Albums of the 1970s by Ashmark (2018)
- Top 82 Music Albums of 1970 by DJStuart79 (2019)
Greatest Live Albums similarity to your chart(s)
Not a member? Registering is quick, easy and FREE!
- Join a passionate community of over 50,000 music fans.
- Create & share your own charts.
- Have your say in the overall rankings.
- Post comments in the forums and vote on polls.
- Comment on or rate any album, artist, track or chart.
- Discover new music & improve your music collection.
- Customise the overall chart using a variety of different filters & metrics.
- Create a wishlist of albums.
- Help maintain the BEA database.
- Earn member points and gain access to increasing levels of functionality!
- ... And lots more!
Register now - it only takes a moment!
Greatest Live Albums ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
N.B. The average rating for this chart will not be reliable as it has been rated very few times.
Showing all 3 ratings for this chart.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Chart ratings||Avg. chart rating|
|05/24/2013 16:14||Error Finn||115||83/100|
Greatest Live Albums comments
Showing all 1 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
One of the best charts I've ever seen on BEA, and certainly, without doubt, the best LIVE chart I've seen! Only thing is, I'm incredibly surprised that you had Johnny Cash's 'Live at San Quentin' so far up above 'Live at Folsom Prison'. Most would consider it vice-versa with 'Folsom' even going as far as to be considered Johnny's overall BEST album. But hey, if 'San Quentin's' the one for you, who am I to argue with that, right? 5 Stars!
Your feedback for Greatest Live Albums
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.
|Best Artists of the 1960s|
|1. The Beatles|
|2. The Velvet Underground|
|3. Jimi Hendrix|
|4. Bob Dylan|
|5. The Beach Boys|
|6. The Jimi Hendrix Experience|
|7. The Velvet Underground & Nico|
|8. Led Zeppelin|
|9. The Doors|
|10. The Rolling Stones|
|11. King Crimson|
|12. John Coltrane|
|13. Frank Zappa|
|14. The Kinks|
|16. Van Morrison|
|17. Charles Mingus|
|18. Neil Young|
|19. The Zombies|
|20. Miles Davis|