Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Melody Maker (2000)
Melody Maker, published in the United Kingdom and founded in 1926, was the world's oldest weekly music newspaper. In 2000, it ceased to exist and merged with NME. During that year it also published their all time top 100 albums.
There are 21 comments for this chart from BestEverAlbums.com members and Top 100 Greatest Music Albums has an average rating of 73 out of 100 (from 76 votes). Please log in or register to leave a comment or assign a rating.
The entries in this chart have been awarded a zero rank score (this chart is over ten years old).
View the complete list of 41,000 charts on BestEverAlbums.com from The Charts page.
Don't agree with this chart? Create your own from the My Charts page!
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums composition
|Manic Street Preachers||3||3%|
|The Stone Roses||2||2%|
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums similar charts
- NME 's 100 Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (2003)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Q (1997)
- NME Best Albums Of All Time 2003 by WayneMC (2019)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES (2013)
- The Guardian 100 Best Albums Ever by The Guardian (1997)
- The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (2013)
- NME Best 500 Albums Of All Time (1-100) 2013 by WayneMC (2016)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Channel 4 (2005)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (2003)
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums similarity to your chart(s)
Not a member? Registering is quick, easy and FREE!
Join a passionate community of over 40,000 music fans.
Create & share your own charts.
Have your say in the overall rankings.
Post comments in the forums and vote on polls.
Comment on or rate any album, artist, track or chart.
Discover new music & improve your music collection.
Customise the overall chart using a variety of different filters & metrics.
Create a wishlist of albums.
Help maintain the BEA database.
Earn member points and gain access to increasing levels of functionality!
... And lots more!
Register now - it only takes a moment!
Other charts by Melody Maker
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Melody Maker (published 2000)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 2000 by Melody Maker (2000 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1999 by Melody Maker (1999 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1998 by Melody Maker (1998 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1997 by Melody Maker (1997 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1996 by Melody Maker (1996 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1995 by Melody Maker (1995 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1994 by Melody Maker (1994 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1993 by Melody Maker (1993 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1992 by Melody Maker (1992 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1991 by Melody Maker (1991 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1990 by Melody Maker (1990 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1989 by Melody Maker (1989 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1988 by Melody Maker (1988 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1987 by Melody Maker (1987 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1986 by Melody Maker (1986 year chart)
- Melody Maker Best Albums of 1979 by Melody Maker (1979 year chart)
Other overall charts
- 200 Greatest Albums of All Time by Uncut (published 2016)
- The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums by Entertainment Weekly (published 2013)
- The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2013)
- Os 100 Melhores Discos de Todos Os Tempos by Sinewave (published 2012)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2012)
- The 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by Absolute Radio (published 2012)
- Top 100 Albums Ever by Consequence of Sound (published 2010)
- The Top 50 Albums of All Time by Sound & Vision Magazine (published 2010)
- The Definitive 200 by National Association of Recording Merchandisers (published 2007)
- Greatest 100 Albums of All Time by The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums with NME (published 2006)
- Top 100 Albums by ABC (published 2006)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Channel 4 (published 2005)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2005)
- NME 's 100 Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2003)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2003)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2003)
- The Top 100 Albums by VH1 (published 2001)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Melody Maker (published 2000)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 2000)
- The Guardian 100 Best Albums Ever by The Guardian (published 1997)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Q (published 1997)
- 100 Greatest Albums of All Time by Mojo (published 1995)
- NME Readers' All-Time Top 100 Albums by New Music Express (published 1988)
- NME's Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 1985)
- All Time Top 100 Albums by Sounds (published 1985)
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this chart. | Show all 76 ratings for this chart.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Chart ratings||Avg. chart rating|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some charts can have several thousand ratings)
This chart has a mean average rating of 71.0/100. The trimmed mean (excluding outliers) is 71.7/100. The standard deviation for this chart is 17.7.
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums favourites
Showing all 6 members who have added this chart as a favourite
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums comments
Showing latest 10 comments | Show all 21 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
Although this list is dated and has many flaws common to British music magazines, it still does include quite a lot of sometimes-overlooked albums of extreme merit, like ‘Spiderland’ and ‘Dummy’. There is even some semi-underground British music that is overlooked by more modern magazine lists in the United States. Nevertheless, it is ridiculous to recommend this list compared to something by Harrington or Scaruffi.
This chart doesn't work for me, far too 90's orientated. Stone Roses at number 2, good grief.
Dog Man Star at 16? Modern Life is Rubbish at 22? Sure, whatever. On the plus side, glad to see Screamadelica in the top 10 and also some albums like Liberty Belle and the Black Diamond Express, which I consider rather underrated, featured in the list.
Farewell Melody Maker, we hardly knew ye...
Solid chart but some silly choices in top 10. Can tell it's a British chart with the love for the manic street preachers who don't seem popular anywhere else.
11 albums and 11 artists in common. This was 2000 so having OK computer so low is okay. The order overall is not for me but most of the albums in the list is great.
Since today, this is my favorite professional chart
finally a fresh chart!
The first ten are great but further down the list, some albums just seem so random.
More ou less
Chock full of totally amazing classics that deserve to be there, mixed in with garbage. Weird.