Top 100 Albums by ABC (2006)
The top 100 albums of all time as voted by ABC viewers.
(Official website: www.abc.net.au)
There are 25 comments for this chart from BestEverAlbums.com members and Top 100 Albums has an average rating of 71 out of 100 (from 67 votes). Please log in or register to leave a comment or assign a rating.
The entries in this chart have been awarded a zero rank score (this chart is over ten years old).
View the complete list of 46,000 charts on BestEverAlbums.com from The Charts page.
Don't agree with this chart? Create your own from the My Charts page!
Top 100 Albums composition
|The Smashing Pumpkins||2||2%|
Top 100 Albums similar charts
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (2000)
- Greatest 100 Albums of All Time by The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums with NME (2006)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES (2013)
- Overall Top 100 Ranked Correctly by Mother Nature's Son (2014)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Narcan (2011)
- TOP 100 IN THE FUTURE by exileonthehell (2016)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Q (1997)
- ranking the overall top 100 by OKC1 (2016)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by jay020281 (2020)
Top 100 Albums similarity to your chart(s)
Not a member? Registering is quick, easy and FREE!
- Join a passionate community of over 40,000 music fans.
- Create & share your own charts.
- Have your say in the overall rankings.
- Post comments in the forums and vote on polls.
- Comment on or rate any album, artist, track or chart.
- Discover new music & improve your music collection.
- Customise the overall chart using a variety of different filters & metrics.
- Create a wishlist of albums.
- Help maintain the BEA database.
- Earn member points and gain access to increasing levels of functionality!
- ... And lots more!
Register now - it only takes a moment!
Other charts by ABC
- Top 100 Albums by ABC (published 2006)
Other overall charts
- Top 100 Albums by ABC (published 2006)
- The 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by Absolute Radio (published 2012)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Channel 4 (published 2005)
- 100 Greatest Rock Albums of All Time by Classic Rock (published 2001)
- Top 100 Albums Ever by Consequence of Sound (published 2010)
- The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums by Entertainment Weekly (published 2013)
- The Guardian 100 Best Albums Ever by The Guardian (published 1997)
- Greatest 100 Albums of All Time by The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums with NME (published 2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Melody Maker (published 2000)
- 100 Greatest Albums of All Time by Mojo (published 1995)
- Mojo Readers: The 100 Greatest Albums Ever Made by Mojo (published 1996)
- The Definitive 200 by National Association of Recording Merchandisers (published 2007)
- NME's Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 1985)
- The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2013)
- NME Readers' All-Time Top 100 Albums by New Music Express (published 1988)
- NME 's 100 Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2003)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Q (published 1997)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2003)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2003)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2012)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2005)
- The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2020)
- Top 100 Albums by Rolling Stone (Germany) (published 1997)
- Os 100 Melhores Discos de Todos Os Tempos by Sinewave (published 2012)
- The Top 50 Albums of All Time by Sound & Vision Magazine (published 2010)
- 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by The Sound (published 2018)
- All Time Top 100 Albums by Sounds (published 1985)
- 200 Greatest Albums of All Time by Uncut (published 2016)
- The Top 100 Albums by VH1 (published 2001)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 1994)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 2000)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 1998)
- Albums of the Century by ZigZag (published 1975)
- Best Album Ever by ZigZag (published 1971)
Top 100 Albums ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this chart. | Show all 67 ratings for this chart.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Chart ratings||Avg. chart rating|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some charts can have several thousand ratings)
This chart has a Bayesian average rating of 70.9/100, a mean average of 69.5/100, and a trimmed mean (excluding outliers) of 68.9/100. The standard deviation for this chart is 22.4.
Top 100 Albums favourites
Showing all 1 members who have added this chart as a favourite
Top 100 Albums comments
Showing latest 10 comments | Show all 25 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
Pretty decent chart voted by general public with some daggy choices you'd expect in a chart of it's nature. O.K with the hometown bias however disappointed the likes of Go-Betweens, Triffids, Nick Cave/Bad Seeds and the Church were left out in the cold.
Given the fact that my childhood is testimony to the fact that people in suburban Australia are no more knowledgeable about music than a cloistered monk or nun would be, this list is not that bad. There are indeed a few albums that the isolated, risk-averse suburbanites who dominate Australian culture would never have heard, but too much valueless music – like all popular lists – makes this a very questionable list like any “popular” one.
The Aussies have great taste in music. I don't rate PF that highly though.
18 albums in common:
OK Computer by Radiohead (198 points)
The Bends by Radiohead (185 points)
Grace by Jeff Buckley (176 points)
Kid A by Radiohead (160 points)
Nevermind by Nirvana (158 points)
Back In Black by AC/DC (149 points)
Ten by Pearl Jam (143 points)
Absolution by Muse (137 points)
A Rush Of Blood To The Head by Coldplay (127 points)
Rumours by Fleetwood Mac (124 points)
Doolittle by Pixies (124 points)
Led Zeppelin IV by Led Zeppelin (123 points)
Is This It by The Strokes (120 points)
Appetite For Destruction by Guns N' Roses (116 points)
Blue Lines by Massive Attack (96 points)
American Idiot by Green Day (82 points)
Hot Fuss by The Killers (69 points)
Songs For The Deaf by Queens Of The Stone Age (68 points)
21 artists in common:
Guns N' Roses
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Queens Of The Stone Age
Great list, a couple of lovely surprises included
Ha! Only on an ABC list would you find 21 albums by Australian bands. Not that that's a bad thing or anything...but most of the Ozzie choices are rather predictable.
OMG, RHCP IN A TOP 10, JUST UNIQUE
Great leader! The best ever.
Some albums are so out of place like Hot August Night. I do like that they put Grace at number two. Don't know if that's really fair towards the Beatles but the recognition is great.
Unique chart. Not to my liking entirely, but still a cool read.
Being an Aussie, I love this list. A lot more even spread of countries than most lists. Need to be an Aussie to understand some of the choices, some "daggy" selections in there, but still a good reflection of Australian tastes.
Your feedback for Top 100 Albums
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.
|Best Ever Artists|
|1. The Beatles|
|3. Pink Floyd|
|4. David Bowie|
|5. Bob Dylan|
|6. Led Zeppelin|
|7. The Rolling Stones|
|8. Arcade Fire|
|9. The Velvet Underground|
|11. The Smiths|
|12. Kendrick Lamar|
|13. Neil Young|
|14. The Beach Boys|
|16. Miles Davis|
|17. Kanye West|
|18. Jimi Hendrix|
|19. Bruce Springsteen|