Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (2000)
This chart amalgamates two years' worth of accumulated votes collected from all over the world by post, telephone, fax and over the Internet. With more than 200,000 votes it represents a vast range of views and opinions, from critics, journalists and fans.
(Official website: www.virgin.com)
There are 26 comments for this chart from BestEverAlbums.com members and Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums has an average rating of 79 out of 100 (from 118 votes). Please log in or register to leave a comment or assign a rating.
The entries in this chart have been awarded a zero rank score (this chart is over ten years old).
View the complete list of 41,000 charts on BestEverAlbums.com from The Charts page.
Don't agree with this chart? Create your own from the My Charts page!
Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums composition
|The Rolling Stones||3||3%|
Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums similar charts
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES (2013)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Q (1997)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by album guru joe (2013)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by P H Dias (2012)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Channel 4 (2005)
- The Guardian 100 Best Albums Ever by The Guardian (1997)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (2003)
- Overall Top 100 Ranked Correctly by Mother Nature's Son (2014)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Narcan (2011)
Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums similarity to your chart(s)
Not a member? Registering is quick, easy and FREE!
Join a passionate community of over 40,000 music fans.
Create & share your own charts.
Have your say in the overall rankings.
Post comments in the forums and vote on polls.
Comment on or rate any album, artist, track or chart.
Discover new music & improve your music collection.
Customise the overall chart using a variety of different filters & metrics.
Create a wishlist of albums.
Help maintain the BEA database.
Earn member points and gain access to increasing levels of functionality!
... And lots more!
Register now - it only takes a moment!
Other charts by Virgin
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 2000)
Other overall charts
- 200 Greatest Albums of All Time by Uncut (published 2016)
- The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums by Entertainment Weekly (published 2013)
- The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2013)
- Os 100 Melhores Discos de Todos Os Tempos by Sinewave (published 2012)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2012)
- The 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by Absolute Radio (published 2012)
- Top 100 Albums Ever by Consequence of Sound (published 2010)
- The Top 50 Albums of All Time by Sound & Vision Magazine (published 2010)
- The Definitive 200 by National Association of Recording Merchandisers (published 2007)
- Greatest 100 Albums of All Time by The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums with NME (published 2006)
- Top 100 Albums by ABC (published 2006)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Channel 4 (published 2005)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2005)
- NME 's 100 Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2003)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2003)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2003)
- The Top 100 Albums by VH1 (published 2001)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Melody Maker (published 2000)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 2000)
- The Guardian 100 Best Albums Ever by The Guardian (published 1997)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Q (published 1997)
- 100 Greatest Albums of All Time by Mojo (published 1995)
- NME Readers' All-Time Top 100 Albums by New Music Express (published 1988)
- NME's Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 1985)
- All Time Top 100 Albums by Sounds (published 1985)
Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this chart. | Show all 118 ratings for this chart.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Chart ratings||Avg. chart rating|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some charts can have several thousand ratings)
This chart has a mean average rating of 77.0/100. The trimmed mean (excluding outliers) is 78.5/100. The standard deviation for this chart is 17.5.
Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums favourites
Showing all 10 members who have added this chart as a favourite
Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums comments
Showing latest 10 comments | Show all 26 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
Extremely generic and predictable, but not in a bad way. No real big surprises, especially in the top 50, but that's to be expected. A good list!
Rare to see The Bends over OK Computer but cool nonetheless
lots of classics here, good chart but the positions are more subjective
Overall a pretty decent list although "The Bends" is not the 2nd best album of all time. 102nd maybe..
spolier alert - theres like 50 beatles albums on the chart. shocking, i know.
This is the opinion of 200,000 people, so not really a bad poll, I guess.
Actually a really good list. I'm not complaining about Bends at #2. Love that album, good to see it as the victor over OK Computer. I don't know which one I myself would place higher, they're each so good, I might end up leaning towards OK though.
Again, The Bends at #2 is a beautiful sight!
Great choices in my opinion but here and there I don't agree with the positions of the albums.
Why every chart has to have Radiohead as first or second? Ok Their albms are aweasome but not supposed to be best to revolver