200 Greatest Albums of All Time by Uncut (2016)
(Official website: www.uncut.co.uk)
There are 12 comments for this chart from BestEverAlbums.com members and 200 Greatest Albums of All Time has an average rating of 75 out of 100 (from 31 votes). Please log in or register to leave a comment or assign a rating.
View the complete list of 46,000 charts on BestEverAlbums.com from The Charts page.
Don't agree with this chart? Create your own from the My Charts page!
200 Greatest Albums of All Time composition
|The Velvet Underground||3||3%|
|The Jimi Hendrix Experience||3||3%|
200 Greatest Albums of All Time similar charts
- 200 Greatest albums of all time (1 - 100) - Uncut 2016 by Johnnyo (2020)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by album guru joe (2013)
- Mojo Readers: The 100 Greatest Albums Ever Made by Mojo (1996)
- Most Acclaimed Music Albums by Imaybeparanoid (2015)
- 100 Greatest Albums of All Time by Mojo (1995)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by P H Dias (2012)
- NME Albums Of The Year 1993 by New Music Express (1993)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by decemberhotel (2015)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (2000)
- The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (2013)
200 Greatest Albums of All Time similarity to your chart(s)
Not a member? Registering is quick, easy and FREE!
- Join a passionate community of over 40,000 music fans.
- Create & share your own charts.
- Have your say in the overall rankings.
- Post comments in the forums and vote on polls.
- Comment on or rate any album, artist, track or chart.
- Discover new music & improve your music collection.
- Customise the overall chart using a variety of different filters & metrics.
- Create a wishlist of albums.
- Help maintain the BEA database.
- Earn member points and gain access to increasing levels of functionality!
- ... And lots more!
Register now - it only takes a moment!
Other charts by Uncut
- Uncut's Top 75 albums of 2020 by Uncut (2020 year chart)
- Uncut's Top 75 albums of 2019 by Uncut (2019 year chart)
- Uncut's Top 75 albums of 2018 by Uncut (2018 year chart)
- Uncut's Top 75 albums of 2017 by Uncut (2017 year chart)
- 200 Greatest Albums of All Time by Uncut (published 2016)
- Uncut's Top 75 albums of 2016 by Uncut (2016 year chart)
- Uncut's Top 75 albums of 2015 by Uncut (2015 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2014 by Uncut (2014 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2013 by Uncut (2013 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2012 by Uncut (2012 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2011 by Uncut (2011 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2010 by Uncut (2010 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2009 by Uncut (2009 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2008 by Uncut (2008 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2007 by Uncut (2007 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2006 by Uncut (2006 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2005 by Uncut (2005 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2004 by Uncut (2004 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2003 by Uncut (2003 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2002 by Uncut (2002 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2001 by Uncut (2001 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 2000 by Uncut (2000 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 1999 by Uncut (1999 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 1998 by Uncut (1998 year chart)
- Uncut's Top Albums of 1997 by Uncut (1997 year chart)
Other overall charts
- Top 100 Albums by ABC (published 2006)
- The 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by Absolute Radio (published 2012)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Channel 4 (published 2005)
- 100 Greatest Rock Albums of All Time by Classic Rock (published 2001)
- Top 100 Albums Ever by Consequence of Sound (published 2010)
- The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums by Entertainment Weekly (published 2013)
- The Guardian 100 Best Albums Ever by The Guardian (published 1997)
- Greatest 100 Albums of All Time by The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums with NME (published 2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Melody Maker (published 2000)
- 100 Greatest Albums of All Time by Mojo (published 1995)
- Mojo Readers: The 100 Greatest Albums Ever Made by Mojo (published 1996)
- The Definitive 200 by National Association of Recording Merchandisers (published 2007)
- NME 's 100 Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2003)
- NME's Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 1985)
- The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2013)
- NME Readers' All-Time Top 100 Albums by New Music Express (published 1988)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Q (published 1997)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2003)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2006)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2005)
- The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2020)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2003)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2012)
- Top 100 Albums by Rolling Stone (Germany) (published 1997)
- Os 100 Melhores Discos de Todos Os Tempos by Sinewave (published 2012)
- The Top 50 Albums of All Time by Sound & Vision Magazine (published 2010)
- 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by The Sound (published 2018)
- All Time Top 100 Albums by Sounds (published 1985)
- 200 Greatest Albums of All Time by Uncut (published 2016)
- The Top 100 Albums by VH1 (published 2001)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 2000)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 1998)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 1994)
- Best Album Ever by ZigZag (published 1971)
- Albums of the Century by ZigZag (published 1975)
200 Greatest Albums of All Time ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this chart. | Show all 31 ratings for this chart.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Chart ratings||Avg. chart rating|
|4 hours ago||Dustymoth||3||95/100|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some charts can have several thousand ratings)
This chart has a Bayesian average rating of 75.1/100, a mean average of 70.0/100, and a trimmed mean (excluding outliers) of 72.6/100. The standard deviation for this chart is 23.6.
200 Greatest Albums of All Time favourites
200 Greatest Albums of All Time comments
Showing latest 10 comments | Show all 12 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
It suits the publication: safe, boring yet not really much to disagree with
Too biased. Don't get me wrong the selection is generally really good but.... meh. Not enough variety and kind of obvious the age group of whoever constructed this list.
Once again, these boomer lists would have you believe that music peaked in the 1970s (and late 60s). Not enough jazz... :( On the plus side they included 3 VU records! I freaking LOVE those velvets..
A decent list for a magazine.
Clearly more thought put into this than a lot of the populist-kinda charts out there.
Most people slag off these type of charts as being populist and probably lacking personality. Unless they are a specific genre then it is likely and obvious that they are going to be populist. Most of the albums featured are well know and show in over 1000 other charts - but that also suggests that they have wide appeal.
Some notable "biggies" missing - Kid A, Funeral, Wish You Were Here.
But to be fair to this chart they have included a bundle of lesser known or charted efforts from the likes of Orange Juice; David Crosby; Gillian Welch; Todd Rundgren; Laura Nyro; The Incredible String Band; The Flying Burrito Brothers; and the excellent John Martyn (Solid Air) to name but a few.
All that said, there is too much emphasis on pre 90's and I agree with Hitch about the lack of female Artists
Wild to me that a list from 2016 claims just 2 woman-led projects should make the top 50 of an all time list, the first being all the way down at 25. This list bores me
This list is trash, 3 albums from the 21st century...?
Pet Sounds number one? All credibility shattered.
From what I had read of ‘Uncut’ in previous years, I would have expected a much more interesting list than that provided here. With a few exceptions (Laura Nyro, Orange Juice) than are in effect arbitrary, the list is basically very similar to that of magazines like ‘Rolling Stone’ and ‘New Musical Express’.
It consists of familiar hippie and punk era albums, and a large number of genres from the 1970s onwards are entirely omitted. Some examples include RIO, metal, electronica, post-rock, shoegaze and freak-folk. Even jazz – highly influential to many artists reviewed by ‘Uncut’ – is very poorly represented.
Having read Joe S. Harrington and Piero Scaruffi, and even many amateur critics, it is clear that the familiar strategy used by Uncut, Rolling Stone and NME is outdated and does need a reassessment.
Your feedback for 200 Greatest Albums of All Time
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.