Top 100 Albums Ever by Consequence of Sound (2010)
The top 100 albums ever as compiled by Consequence of Sound's editors.
(Official website: www.consequenceofsound.net)
There are 21 comments for this chart from BestEverAlbums.com members and Top 100 Albums Ever has an average rating of 78 out of 100 (from 72 votes). Please log in or register to leave a comment or assign a rating.
The entries in this chart have been awarded a zero rank score (this chart is over ten years old).
View the complete list of 46,000 charts on BestEverAlbums.com from The Charts page.
Don't agree with this chart? Create your own from the My Charts page!
Top 100 Albums Ever composition
|The Rolling Stones||2||2%|
Top 100 Albums Ever similar charts
- consequenceofsound.net - The 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by WayneMC (2020)
- The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums by Entertainment Weekly (2013)
- The Top 100 Albums by VH1 (2001)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES (2013)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Narcan (2011)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by P H Dias (2012)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by album guru joe (2013)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (2003)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (2006)
- Overall Top 100 Ranked Correctly by Mother Nature's Son (2014)
Top 100 Albums Ever similarity to your chart(s)
Not a member? Registering is quick, easy and FREE!
- Join a passionate community of over 40,000 music fans.
- Create & share your own charts.
- Have your say in the overall rankings.
- Post comments in the forums and vote on polls.
- Comment on or rate any album, artist, track or chart.
- Discover new music & improve your music collection.
- Customise the overall chart using a variety of different filters & metrics.
- Create a wishlist of albums.
- Help maintain the BEA database.
- Earn member points and gain access to increasing levels of functionality!
- ... And lots more!
Register now - it only takes a moment!
Other charts by Consequence of Sound
- Top 50 Albums of 2020 by Consequence of Sound (2020 year chart)
- Top 100 Albums of the 2010s by Consequence of Sound (2010s decade chart) (published 2019)
- Top 50 Albums of 2018 by Consequence of Sound (2018 year chart)
- Top 50 Albums of 2017 by Consequence of Sound (2017 year chart)
- Top 50 Albums of 2015 by Consequence of Sound (2015 year chart)
- Top 100 Albums Ever by Consequence of Sound (published 2010)
- CoS Top of the Decade: The Albums by Consequence of Sound (2000s decade chart) (published 2009)
- The Top 100 Albums by Consequence of Sound (2008 year chart)
Other overall charts
- Top 100 Albums by ABC (published 2006)
- The 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by Absolute Radio (published 2012)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Channel 4 (published 2005)
- 100 Greatest Rock Albums of All Time by Classic Rock (published 2001)
- Top 100 Albums Ever by Consequence of Sound (published 2010)
- The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums by Entertainment Weekly (published 2013)
- The Guardian 100 Best Albums Ever by The Guardian (published 1997)
- Greatest 100 Albums of All Time by The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums with NME (published 2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Melody Maker (published 2000)
- 100 Greatest Albums of All Time by Mojo (published 1995)
- Mojo Readers: The 100 Greatest Albums Ever Made by Mojo (published 1996)
- The Definitive 200 by National Association of Recording Merchandisers (published 2007)
- NME's Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 1985)
- The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2013)
- NME Readers' All-Time Top 100 Albums by New Music Express (published 1988)
- NME 's 100 Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2003)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Q (published 1997)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2003)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2003)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2012)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2005)
- The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2020)
- Top 100 Albums by Rolling Stone (Germany) (published 1997)
- Os 100 Melhores Discos de Todos Os Tempos by Sinewave (published 2012)
- The Top 50 Albums of All Time by Sound & Vision Magazine (published 2010)
- 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by The Sound (published 2018)
- All Time Top 100 Albums by Sounds (published 1985)
- 200 Greatest Albums of All Time by Uncut (published 2016)
- The Top 100 Albums by VH1 (published 2001)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 1994)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 2000)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 1998)
- Albums of the Century by ZigZag (published 1975)
- Best Album Ever by ZigZag (published 1971)
Top 100 Albums Ever ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this chart. | Show all 72 ratings for this chart.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Chart ratings||Avg. chart rating|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some charts can have several thousand ratings)
This chart has a Bayesian average rating of 78.1/100, a mean average of 75.6/100, and a trimmed mean (excluding outliers) of 77.2/100. The standard deviation for this chart is 17.9.
Top 100 Albums Ever favourites
Showing all 9 members who have added this chart as a favourite
Top 100 Albums Ever comments
Showing latest 10 comments | Show all 21 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
Pretty standard for these 'designed by committee' lists with most of the usual candidates, making an effort to be diverse. But 'Born to Run', 'Talking Heads' and 'Thriller' in the top ten? 'Pet Sounds' is also not top 10.
One of the best official lists!
Great chart… and then Madonna comes
Change abbey road for "Revolver" and this chart is really great, almost all decent picks.
Very good but I don't get "Born to Run" ever being in top 10. Its just a bit over the top like Meatloaf or something. It tries so hard for sincerity that it ends up completely lacking any. "Darkness on the edge of town" I could understand. "Thriller" is a brilliant album.
Why Thriler, I Can´t Understand it
Pretty cool chart even though the ranking of some albums feels a bit off.
About the best you can get from a recognized chart. Some stuff is too high (Michael Jackson, Madonna), but that's to be expected.
Ranking anything by Madonna ahead of Astral Weeks warrants the death penalty.
This comment is beneath your viewing threshold.
Your feedback for Top 100 Albums Ever
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.
|Forgotten passwords and other site notifications are sent to the email address saved on your profile.|
If you've changed your email address recently, please remember to update it on your profile page.
(If you can't remember your password, and your email address is out of date, please contact us for assistance getting back into your account).