The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums by Entertainment Weekly (2013)
(Official website: www.ew.com)
There are 11 comments for this chart from BestEverAlbums.com members and The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums has an average rating of 72 out of 100 (from 37 votes). Please log in or register to leave a comment or assign a rating.
View the complete list of 46,000 charts on BestEverAlbums.com from The Charts page.
Don't agree with this chart? Create your own from the My Charts page!
The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums composition
|The Rolling Stones||3||3%|
|The Beach Boys||1||1%|
The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums similar charts
- Top 100 Albums Ever by Consequence of Sound (2010)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by P H Dias (2012)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Narcan (2011)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by album guru joe (2013)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (2005)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (2012)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES (2013)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (2003)
- The Top 100 Albums by VH1 (2001)
- consequenceofsound.net - The 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by WayneMC (2020)
The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums similarity to your chart(s)
Not a member? Registering is quick, easy and FREE!
- Join a passionate community of over 40,000 music fans.
- Create & share your own charts.
- Have your say in the overall rankings.
- Post comments in the forums and vote on polls.
- Comment on or rate any album, artist, track or chart.
- Discover new music & improve your music collection.
- Customise the overall chart using a variety of different filters & metrics.
- Create a wishlist of albums.
- Help maintain the BEA database.
- Earn member points and gain access to increasing levels of functionality!
- ... And lots more!
Register now - it only takes a moment!
Other charts by Entertainment Weekly
- The 15 best albums of 2020 by Entertainment Weekly (2020 year chart)
- The best albums of 2019 by Entertainment Weekly (2019 year chart)
- The 20 best albums of 2018 by Entertainment Weekly (2018 year chart)
- The 25 best albums of 2017 by Entertainment Weekly (2017 year chart)
- Top 49 Music Albums of 2016 by Entertainment Weekly (2016 year chart)
- The 40 best albums of 2015 by Entertainment Weekly (2015 year chart)
- The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums by Entertainment Weekly (published 2013)
- 10 Best Albums of 2010 by Entertainment Weekly (2010 year chart)
Other overall charts
- Top 100 Albums by ABC (published 2006)
- The 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by Absolute Radio (published 2012)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Channel 4 (published 2005)
- 100 Greatest Rock Albums of All Time by Classic Rock (published 2001)
- Top 100 Albums Ever by Consequence of Sound (published 2010)
- The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums by Entertainment Weekly (published 2013)
- The Guardian 100 Best Albums Ever by The Guardian (published 1997)
- Greatest 100 Albums of All Time by The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums with NME (published 2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Melody Maker (published 2000)
- 100 Greatest Albums of All Time by Mojo (published 1995)
- Mojo Readers: The 100 Greatest Albums Ever Made by Mojo (published 1996)
- The Definitive 200 by National Association of Recording Merchandisers (published 2007)
- The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2013)
- NME Readers' All-Time Top 100 Albums by New Music Express (published 1988)
- NME 's 100 Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2003)
- NME's Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 1985)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Q (published 1997)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2003)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2003)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2012)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2005)
- The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2020)
- Top 100 Albums by Rolling Stone (Germany) (published 1997)
- Os 100 Melhores Discos de Todos Os Tempos by Sinewave (published 2012)
- The Top 50 Albums of All Time by Sound & Vision Magazine (published 2010)
- 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by The Sound (published 2018)
- All Time Top 100 Albums by Sounds (published 1985)
- 200 Greatest Albums of All Time by Uncut (published 2016)
- The Top 100 Albums by VH1 (published 2001)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 1994)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 2000)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 1998)
- Albums of the Century by ZigZag (published 1975)
- Best Album Ever by ZigZag (published 1971)
The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this chart. | Show all 37 ratings for this chart.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Chart ratings||Avg. chart rating|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some charts can have several thousand ratings)
This chart has a Bayesian average rating of 71.9/100, a mean average of 68.4/100, and a trimmed mean (excluding outliers) of 68.6/100. The standard deviation for this chart is 16.9.
The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums favourites
The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums comments
Showing latest 10 comments | Show all 11 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
15 in my top 100, but some real bizarre choices here. Another chart with a random Elvis compilation (not an album!).
Well, it's an uneasy combination of all the old standbys (which are pretty good), and some newer stuff (which arent really in the same league as the old ones).
Wow, daft punk... that was a surprise.
Only a very few albums are where they should be on this list. But at least the albums are decent. Not so sure about Kanye west being so high up though.
Some great indie rock especially The Cure & Depeche Mode. Nice seeing them both get some love
I like this one a lot - one of the best overall charts from a top publication. Took a risk with ranking some recent albums high, but I appreciate that instead of only including albums prior to 1990.
I'm not that impressed. I don't get why they pu Lady Soul at 7 while they didn't even add I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You. I also don't get why Adele is put at 17.
Surprisingly good spread of decades here though, gotta give them that much.
Just look at the top ten to see how much of a joke this is. Got to be just one person compiling this. Think they forgot the remit of the task. Prince and kanye in top ten really? Please.
Your feedback for The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.
|Best Ever Artists|
|1. The Beatles|
|3. Pink Floyd|
|4. David Bowie|
|5. Bob Dylan|
|6. Led Zeppelin|
|7. The Rolling Stones|
|8. Arcade Fire|
|9. The Velvet Underground|
|11. The Smiths|
|12. Kendrick Lamar|
|13. Neil Young|
|14. The Beach Boys|
|16. Miles Davis|
|17. Kanye West|
|18. Jimi Hendrix|
|19. Bruce Springsteen|