The Top 100 Albums by VH1 (2001)
VH1 is an American cable television channel that was created in 1985. Their list of 100 greatest albums was devised in 2001 from a poll of 500 rock journalists and musicians, including Britney Spears, Jackson Browne, Elvis Costello, Roberta Flack, Art Garfunkel, Wyclef Jean and Carole King.
(Official website: www.vh1.com)
There are 66 comments for this chart from BestEverAlbums.com members and The Top 100 Albums has an average rating of 72 out of 100 (from 244 votes). Please log in or register to leave a comment or assign a rating.
The entries in this chart have been awarded a zero rank score (this chart is over ten years old).
View the complete list of 46,000 charts on BestEverAlbums.com from The Charts page.
Don't agree with this chart? Create your own from the My Charts page!
The Top 100 Albums composition
|The Rolling Stones||4||4%|
|The Jimi Hendrix Experience||3||3%|
The Top 100 Albums similar charts
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by P H Dias (2012)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (2003)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (2012)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (2005)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by album guru joe (2013)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES (2013)
- Top 100 Albums Ever by Consequence of Sound (2010)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (2000)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Narcan (2011)
- Top 40 Greatest Music Albums by musicante (2019)
The Top 100 Albums similarity to your chart(s)
Not a member? Registering is quick, easy and FREE!
- Join a passionate community of over 40,000 music fans.
- Create & share your own charts.
- Have your say in the overall rankings.
- Post comments in the forums and vote on polls.
- Comment on or rate any album, artist, track or chart.
- Discover new music & improve your music collection.
- Customise the overall chart using a variety of different filters & metrics.
- Create a wishlist of albums.
- Help maintain the BEA database.
- Earn member points and gain access to increasing levels of functionality!
- ... And lots more!
Register now - it only takes a moment!
Other charts by VH1
- The Top 100 Albums by VH1 (published 2001)
Other overall charts
- Top 100 Albums by ABC (published 2006)
- The 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by Absolute Radio (published 2012)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Channel 4 (published 2005)
- 100 Greatest Rock Albums of All Time by Classic Rock (published 2001)
- Top 100 Albums Ever by Consequence of Sound (published 2010)
- The 100 All-Time Greatest Albums by Entertainment Weekly (published 2013)
- The Guardian 100 Best Albums Ever by The Guardian (published 1997)
- Greatest 100 Albums of All Time by The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums with NME (published 2006)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Melody Maker (published 2000)
- 100 Greatest Albums of All Time by Mojo (published 1995)
- Mojo Readers: The 100 Greatest Albums Ever Made by Mojo (published 1996)
- The Definitive 200 by National Association of Recording Merchandisers (published 2007)
- NME 's 100 Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2003)
- NME's Best Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 1985)
- The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time by New Music Express (published 2013)
- NME Readers' All-Time Top 100 Albums by New Music Express (published 1988)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Q (published 1997)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2003)
- 100 Greatest Albums Ever by Q (published 2006)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2005)
- The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2020)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2003)
- Top 500 Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone (published 2012)
- Top 100 Albums by Rolling Stone (Germany) (published 1997)
- Os 100 Melhores Discos de Todos Os Tempos by Sinewave (published 2012)
- The Top 50 Albums of All Time by Sound & Vision Magazine (published 2010)
- 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time by The Sound (published 2018)
- All Time Top 100 Albums by Sounds (published 1985)
- 200 Greatest Albums of All Time by Uncut (published 2016)
- The Top 100 Albums by VH1 (published 2001)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 2000)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 1998)
- Virgin All-Time Top 1000 Albums by Virgin (published 1994)
- Best Album Ever by ZigZag (published 1971)
- Albums of the Century by ZigZag (published 1975)
The Top 100 Albums ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this chart. | Show all 244 ratings for this chart.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Chart ratings||Avg. chart rating|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some charts can have several thousand ratings)
This chart has a Bayesian average rating of 72.4/100, a mean average of 70.1/100, and a trimmed mean (excluding outliers) of 71.9/100. The standard deviation for this chart is 19.8.
The Top 100 Albums favourites
Showing all 9 members who have added this chart as a favourite
The Top 100 Albums comments
Showing latest 10 comments | Show all 66 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
Good list not much to surprise you though
Tres bonne sélection mais trop d'artistes similaires, c'est dommage
Agree with most placings, 7 and 8 should be switched however.
I was expecting this to be hot trash coming from VH1, but this list is fine. Not awful, but not particularly adventurous either.
Good overall. However... WHERE IS COLTRANE!?!?
Rolling Stone's top 20 of their 500 was better than this. Good props to Sex Pistols and Nirvana but they were placed too high. I don't see these albums as better than London Calling, Highway 61, or Blood on the Tracks.
To own their each
Very classic list, I really didn't see any surprises.
Your feedback for The Top 100 Albums
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.
|Best Artists of the 2000s|
|2. Arcade Fire|
|3. The Strokes|
|5. Arctic Monkeys|
|6. Sufjan Stevens|
|7. Animal Collective|
|10. The White Stripes|
|11. Kanye West|
|13. Modest Mouse|
|14. Godspeed You! Black Emperor|
|15. Queens Of The Stone Age|
|16. LCD Soundsystem|
|17. The National|
|20. The Flaming Lips|