My discoveries per year
|
dihansse
dihansse
Profile
- #261
- Posted: 03/26/2017 20:15
- Post subject: 1970 (3)
|
Some more albums of this very interesting year 1970:
- Lola Versus Powerman And The Moneygoround, Part One by The Kinks (nr 24 on the overall BEA top chart pf 1970): a bit of strange album this one: it contains mega-hit Lola and also the very interesting track Apeman. Get Back In Line and This Time Tomorrow are also very good. The rest is a bit uncertain: sometimes the concept is getting a bit in the way of the songs but overall I like it and the Kinks can't anything really wrong in my view.
- The Madcap Laughs by Syd Barrett (nr 25): I already knew Terrapin from a compilation album but I must say I also enjoyed most of the rest of the album. Sometimes a bit too madcap and chaotic but his genious is noticeable in every track.
- Curtis by Curtis Mayfield (nr 26): not really a big fan of his and not even on his major hit Move On Up but after the middle of this extended track comes a jam which is really good and the horns are just blowing everything away.
- Workingman's Dead by Grateful Dead (nr 28 ): I already gave my view about the Dead on my comment of that other seminal 70's album of theirs and the comment on this one is similar. But I did like the last two tracks.
In the meantime I've finished listening to the first track of Third of Soft Machine and I'm now watching a live performance of Moon In June at Jazz Bilzen of 1969 in my home country. As this album is not available on Apple Music or Spotify I have to revert to Youtube (and will have to look further for the second track). I don't know what to think of it yet but definitely think it's interesting with many good pieces but still have to decide whether it works as a complete album because it is very long.
|
|
|
|
|
|
dihansse
dihansse
Profile
- #262
- Posted: 04/01/2017 16:58
- Post subject: 1970 (4)
|
And now after a bit a whole lot of albums of 1970 I listened to:
- Third by Soft Machine (nr 29 on the overall BEA top chart of 1970): I had already started to comment on this album in my previous post and since I couldn't listen to it on Apple Music I had to form of an opinion via different snippets (in some cases live performance) on Youtube). While there are certainly interesting parts the album is much too long to keep things interesting the whole time
- Starsailor by Tim Buckley (nr 30) and
Lorca by Tim Buckley (nr 39): I discuss these two Tim Buckley albums together because they are both veering off completely from his older folk albums and are completely experimental. However he's taken it far too far and they are both simply boring.
- Band Of Gypsys by Jimi Hendrix (nr 31): I don't really know why I missed this last real album (although live) from the great guitar master, especially because he hasn't done better in the sixties on the level of real shredding guitar playing that on this one. In short I really like it.
- Just Another Diamond Day by Vashti Bunyan (nr 32): a bit boring this album
- Tumbleweed Connection by Elton John (nr 33): This album is much less good than that other legendary album by Elton John: Yellow Brick Road. I must say I didn't really like it overall.
- Sunflower by The Beach Boys (nr 34): not all the tracks on this album are good and some are a bit cheesy but thanks to Forever and Our Sweet Love it makes it to my personal top chart
- Cold Fact by Rodriguez (nr 35): a bit unexpected to learn that this in fact a folk album and not a bad one but finally not good enough to make it to my personal top chart of the year
- Desertshore by Nico (nr 36): except for her contributions on the Velvet Underground I haven't yet heard an album by Nico I liked (both voice and music) and this one is one is no different.
- Yeti by Amon Dรผรผl II (nr 37): this album may have sounded very ground breaking in 1970 but I think now it's a bit dated.
- Sweet Baby James by James Taylor (nr 38 ): this album shows the more country side and the less singer songwriter side of James Taylor in my opinion and that's why I like it less than some of his other's. Only Fire and Rain is not bad
- Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus by Spirit (nr 40): I had never heard of this album (I only started listening to music in 1974 and I'm a big fan of the sixties, so the first years of the seventies are a bit of a black hole for me) and that makes it interesting because I fairly liked it. I think I know This Nature's Way from This Mortal Coil but the version on this album is much better. I's a bit a mixture between a concept album (without being too prog) and a psychedelic album, it has nice guitar parts and I liked it.
The next album to listen to is Emerson, Lake and Palmer by ELP which I suppose is real progrock.
-
|
|
|
|
dihansse
dihansse
Profile
- #263
- Posted: 04/05/2017 19:34
- Post subject: 1970 (5)
|
And more 1970 albums, a year I quite enjoy listening to:
- Emerson, Lake & Palmer by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (nr 41 of the overall BEA top chart of 1970): in fact this is not the worst ELP album of the lot and not yet as masturbatory of their follow-up albums and of course it has this completely a-typical but very good Lucky Man. Nevertheless still not really my thing.
- John Barleycorn Must Die by Traffic (nr 42): this is not the best Steve Winwood in my opinion. I can't really say what I miss in this album: maybe it's just good songs.
- Ladies Of The Canyon by Joni Mitchell (nr 43): this album hasn't made me a bigger fan of Joni Mitchell although Big Yellow Taxi is her best song
- Exuma by Exuma (nr 45): this album lacks a bit of everything especially someone telling him to make a good album.
- Mona Bone Jakon by Cat Stevens (nr 46): a good but not great Cat Stevens album with Lady D'arbanville and Maybe You're Right as standouts. Overall still good enough to appear in my personal top chart of the year.
- Fire And Water by Free (nr 47): I already have a greatest hits album of this band and that should suffice: All Right Now remains one of the main classics of rock music and also Mr. Big is very good but overall this remains fairly flat american rock. However overall this is an album I can't leave out of my personal top chart which without All Right Now certainly wouldn't be the case.
- Barrett by Syd Barrett (nr 48 ): overall I like this album better than the Madcap Laughs maybe because he was helped by other Floyd members on this album but I think overall because it has better songs. In any case an album for my personal top chart of the year
- Lizard by King Crimson (nr 50): I listen to this album before the number 49 but what the heck: I must say I love the introduction of jazz and classic elements on top of the prog elements in this album, especially on the first track and at the end of the Lizard Suite. In general I don't dislike the album but I still would not put it in my personal top chart.
The next album to listen to is Chicago II.
|
|
|
|
dihansse
dihansse
Profile
- #264
- Posted: 04/07/2017 19:24
- Post subject: 1970 (6)
|
More 1970:
- Chicago II by Chicago (nr 49 on the overall BEA top chart of 1970): I think that their first album is more eclectic and better than this one and notwithstanding the fact that 25 or 6 To 4 is in my view the best Chicago song I still think that this album is not their best (altough less mellow than many of the follow-up albums).
-Lizard by King Crimson (nr 50): and again a King Crimson album not present on Apple Music so Youtube snippets again. And again this mixed bag. I like the album overall but not enough to put it in my personal top chart.
- Trespass by Genesis (nr 51): Visions of Angels is not bad but overall Genesis was not really my type of the band although I like the later Peter Gabriel
- Lick My Decals Off, Baby by Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band (nr 52): I didn't find anything to my liking on this album
The next album to listen to is another album by King Crimson: In The Wake of Poseidon.
|
|
|
|
dihansse
dihansse
Profile
- #265
- Posted: 04/08/2017 20:47
- Post subject: 1970 (7)
|
This is my last contribution to albums of 1970:
- In The Wake Of Poseidon by King Crimson (nr 52 on the overall BEA top chart of 1970): a bit the same as with the other King Crimson albums: a mixed bag and some good tracks like the Devil's Triangle but overall not completely it.
- Benefit by Jethro Tull (nr 54): this album nearly made it to my personal top chart but finally it didn't because, although the overall quality of the album is not bad, there aren't any songs that stick out like on other JT albums
- McCartney by Paul McCartney (nr 55): this solo album was issued in the same year as the last Beatles album and to me this one is better. Maybe I'm Amazed is very good and Every Night and the two Junk tracks are also very good. Sometimes a bit mellow (cf first track) but overall a good one
- Elton John by Elton John (nr 56): only Your Song is good which is not good enough to make it to my personal chart.
- Idlewild South by The Allman Brothers Band (nr 57): Some people would call it a bit wankery but I still think that In Memory of Elisabeth Reed is one of their top songs. The other ones on this sophomore album of theirs are not yet as good of what is to follow (I'm a fan) but I don't think they have really bad songs.
- Kristofferson by Kris Kristofferson (nr 58 and the last album in the overall BEA top albums of 1970 with a rank better than 2500): this album is way too mellow for my taste.
And this concludes another journey through a rather interesting year where a fair lot of albums made it to my personal top chart of 1970. This is the final verdict with at the start the overall BEA rank and after the BEA year and then my personal rank before and after this listening session:
BEA Rank Title By Band BEA YearRank - My Rank before To My Rank after
200 Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs By Derek & The Dominos 10 - 2 To 1
442 Deep Purple In Rock By Deep Purple 19 - 1 To 2
76 Paranoid By Black Sabbath 1 - 3 To 3
128 Led Zeppelin III By Led Zeppelin 5 - 4 To 4
383 Tea For The Tillerman By Cat Stevens 18 - 5 To 5
154 All Things Must Pass By George Harrison 7 - 6 To 6
844 Band Of Gypsys By Band Of Gypsys 31 - To listen To 7
205 Loaded By The Velvet Underground 11 - 7 To 8
267 Dรฉjร ย Vu By Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young 16 - To listen To 9
493 Abraxas By Santana 22 - 8 To 10
2391 Idlewild South By The Allman Brothers Band 57 - To listen To 11
248 Cosmo's Factory By Creedence Clearwater Revival 14 - To listen To 12
80 After The Gold Rush By Neil Young 2 - To listen To 13
479 Morrison Hotel By The Doors 20 - To listen To 14
315 Black Sabbath By Black Sabbath 17 - 9 To 15
1793 Barrett By Syd Barrett 48 - To listen To 16
748 The Man Who Sold The World By David Bowie 27 - 10 To 17
1742 Mona Bone Jakon By Cat Stevens 46 - To listen To 18
1273 Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus By Spirit 39 - To listen To 19
625 Lola Versus Powerman And The Moneygoround, Part One By The Kinks 24 - To listen To 20
118 John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band By John Lennon 4 - To listen To 21
729 The Madcap Laughs By Syd Barrett 25 - To listen To 22
1751 Fire And Water By Free 47 - To listen To 23
1047 Sunflower By The Beach Boys 34 - To listen To 24
114 Bridge Over Troubled Water By Simon And Garfunkel 3 - To listen To 25
2209 McCartney By Paul McCartney 55 - To listen To 26
198 Let It Be By The Beatles 9 - 11 To 27
145 Moondance By Van Morrison 6 - 12 To 28
1179 Yeti By Amon Dรผรผl II 37 - To listen To A No
2192 Lick My Decals Off, Baby By Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band 53 - To listen To A No
1919 Chicago II By Chicago 49 - To listen To A No
734 Curtis By Curtis Mayfield 26 - To listen To A No
976 Tumbleweed Connection By Elton John 33 - To listen To A No
2237 Elton John By Elton John 56 - To listen To A No
1443 Emerson, Lake & Palmer By Emerson, Lake & Palmer 41 - To listen To A No
1727 Exuma By Exuma 45 - To listen To A No
1999 Trespass By Genesis 51 - To listen To A No
238 American Beauty By Grateful Dead 13 - To listen To A No
768 Workingman's Dead By Grateful Dead 28 - To listen To A No
1225 Sweet Baby James By James Taylor 38 - To listen To A No
2199 Benefit By Jethro Tull 54 - To listen To A No
1557 Ladies Of The Canyon By Joni Mitchell 43 - To listen To A No
1997 Lizard By King Crimson 50 - To listen To A No
2156 In The Wake Of Poseidon By King Crimson 52 - To listen To A No
261 Bryter Layter By Nick Drake 15 - To listen To A No
1130 Desertshore By Nico 36 - To listen To A No
1090 Cold Fact By Rodriguez 35 - To listen To A No
788 Third By Soft Machine 29 - To listen To A No
840 Starsailor By Tim Buckley 30 - To listen To A No
1280 Lorca By Tim Buckley 40 - To listen To A No
1548 John Barleycorn Must Die By Traffic 42 - To listen To A No
902 Just Another Diamond Day By Vashti Bunyan 32 - To listen To A No
2468 Kristofferson By Kris Kristofferson 58 - To listen To A No
211 Bitches Brew By Miles Davis 12 - Already listened To A No
486 Atom Heart Mother By Pink Floyd 21 - Already listened To A No
186 Fun House By The Stooges 8 - Already listened To A No
1620 Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! By The Rolling Stones 44 - Live Excluded
515 Live At Leeds By The Who 23 - Live Excluded
And to continue the good habit: I will again skip 5 years so my next listening session will be albums of 1975.
|
|
|
|
|
|
dihansse
dihansse
Profile
- #266
- Posted: 04/10/2017 16:38
- Post subject: 1975 (1)
|
This is the albums of 1975 with overall BEA ranks better than 2500 (cf first column) and the year rank after that. The final column is the current rank of the album in my personal 1975 chart before my listening session (and to listen if I still have to listen to it):
BEA Rank Title By Band BEA YearRank - My Rank before
12 Wish You Were Here By Pink Floyd 1 - 1
33 Blood On The Tracks By Bob Dylan 2 - 9
44 Born To Run By Bruce Springsteen 3 - 5
69 A Night At The Opera By Queen 4 - To listen
81 Physical Graffiti By Led Zeppelin 5 - 8
170 Horses By Patti Smith 6 - To listen
201 Another Green World By Brian Eno 7 - Already listened
427 Tonight's The Night By Neil Young 8 - To listen
509 Toys In The Attic By Aerosmith 9 - To listen
710 Mothership Connection By Parliament 10 - To listen
720 The Kรถln Concert By Keith Jarrett 11 - Jazz Excluded
775 Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy By Elton John 12 - To listen
804 The Basement Tapes By Bob Dylan & The Band 13 - To listen
888 Sabotage By Black Sabbath 14 - 7
956 Fleetwood Mac (1975) By Fleetwood Mac 15 - To listen
969 The Hissing Of Summer Lawns By Joni Mitchell 16 - To listen
1002 Katy Lied By Steely Dan 17 - To listen
1134 Young Americans By David Bowie 18 - 10
1163 Zuma By Neil Young And Crazy Horse 19 - 3
1282 Red Headed Stranger By Willie Nelson 20 - To listen
1291 High Voltage By AC/DC 21 - To listen
1292 Ommadawn By Mike Oldfield 22 - To listen
1337 Alive! By Kiss 23 - Live Excluded
1343 Expensive Shit By Fela Kuti & Africa 70 24 - To listen
1355 One Size Fits All By Frank Zappa 25 - To listen
1483 Si On Avait Besoin D'Une Cinquiรยจme Saison By Harmonium 26 - To listen
1517 Dreamboat Annie By Heart 27 - Already listened
1551 Music Inspired By The Snow Goose By Camel 28 - To listen
1572 Neu! '75 By Neu! 29 - Already listened
1622 Godbluff By Van Der Graaf Generator 30 - To listen
1706 Live! By Bob Marley And The Wailers 31 - Live Excluded
1740 Welcome To My Nightmare By Alice Cooper 32 - To listen
1743 The Who By Numbers By The Who 33 - To listen
1831 Fly By Night By Rush 34 - To listen
1927 One Of These Nights By Eagles 35 - 6
1954 Face The Music By Electric Light Orchestra 36 - To listen
2042 Marcus Garvey By Burning Spear 37 - To listen
2058 Nighthawks At The Diner By Tom Waits 38 - To listen
2133 Crisis? What Crisis? By Supertramp 39 - To listen
2179 Coney Island Baby By Lou Reed 40 - To listen
2281 Still Crazy After All These Years By Paul Simon 41 - To listen
2347 Atlantic Crossing By Rod Stewart 42 - To listen
2401 The Rocky Horror Picture Show By Various Artists 43 - To listen
2430 Rubycon By Tangerine Dream 44 - Already listened
2452 Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow By Rainbow 45 - To listen
2475 Venus And Mars By Wings 46 - To listen
2485 Voyage Of The Acolyte By Steve Hackett 47 - To listen
In the meantime I have already listened to two albums in this list:
- A Night At The Opera by Queen (nr 4 on the overall BEA top chart of 1975): again a gap in my record collection: I have other albums, greatest hits but not this album which is generally acclaimed to be their best and I must admit it is. Generally Queen is focused on hits and a lot of their albums contain a lot of filler. Although the band comes out here at their most pompous that isn't really the case here. Next to the big hits (with of course mainly Bohemian Rhapsody and You're My Best Friend) the other tracks are really good as well ('39, Sweet Lady and even Love Of My Life which stays, but only just, on the right side of overly pompous).
- Horses by Patti Smith (nr 6): the same goes a bit for this first Patti Smith album. I own Wave and Easter but this album with Patti Smith at her punkiest is for me her best. Of course I already know most of the tracks (even the long The Land as a sort of reprise of the cover of Gloria at the start of the album) but nevertheless a pleasant surprise.
The next album to listen to is Tonight's The Night, again a Neil Young album that already seems familiar because of I know most of the songs.
|
|
|
|
dihansse
dihansse
Profile
- #267
- Posted: 04/11/2017 20:26
- Post subject: 1975 (2)
|
I like 1975:
- Tonight's The Night by Neil Young (nr 8 on the overall BEA top chart of 1975): To me Neil Young can't do a lot of bad. This album contains two versions of the title track, Albequerque and many other very good tracks. Sometimes a bit too country-ish but overall an absolute must-have
- Toys In The Attic by Aerosmith (nr 9): sometimes I think I'm going a bit too far not liking Aerosmith. Especially on this song they have some good songs but there something about this band which makes I can 't really connect and with this one that feeling stays.
- Mothership Connection by Parliament (nr 10): reading reviews about this album made me expect more of it than it did: to me only Give Up The Funk really funked me out while the rest seemed to be very average 70s funk: sorry folks.
- The Kรถln Concert by Keith Jarrett (nr 11): this is a very long piano album which is put in the jazz genre but to me has a lot of classical music elements. Overall I liked it and there were many excellent parts in it but overall it was a bit too long to really make me want to put it in my personal BEA chart
- Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John (nr 12): I liked this album better than I thought I would because I thought it would be too cheesy. In fact it is but that doesn't matter: a good example of that is the great slow Someone Saved My Life Tonight. I also have to give a special mention to the great cover of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds which is only a bonus track but really gives a special surplus to this album. To me the overall best one of Elton John.
The next album are the Basement Tapes, an album which has this very legendary appeal but to which I have never actually listened to.
|
|
|
|
dihansse
dihansse
Profile
- #268
- Posted: 04/14/2017 20:21
- Post subject: 1975 (3)
|
More albums of 1975:
- The Basement Tapes by Bob Dylan & The Band (nr 13 in the overall BEA top chart of 1975): overall it's a fine collection of songs but I miss some variety.
- Fleetwood Mac (1975) by Fleetwood Mac (nr 15): Another album I'm only discovering now although I'm a fan of Rumours and I know most of the latter albums. Of course I know Rhiannon which was a hit but I also discovered that the very good Landslide is on this album. Very good album and already a good predictor of what was to come.
- The Hissing Of Summer Lawns by Joni Mitchell (nr 16): still not a very big fan of Joni Mitchell after this album.
- Katy Lied by Steely Dan (nr 17): no real standouts on this album but overall good songs and atmosphere and as someone who really appreciates this band this is good enough for me.
- Red Headed Stranger by Willie Nelson (nr 20): I don't really understand the fuss about this album because to me this is very average country music
- High Voltage by AC/DC (nr 21): this is a strange one: it's the first album by AC/DC and only issued in Australia and has nearly no songs in common with the US album of the same title and for one it doesn't contain the vintage AC/DC song High Voltage. I couldn't find it on Apple Music but the best songs can be found on the EP. The best track is certainly the steaming cover of Baby Please Don't Go but also most of the other tracks are fine although not always what you would expect of the band but I suppose that's because it's their first album. In all a must have for an AC/DC and rock fan (like me).
- Ommadawn by Mike Oldfield (nr 22): there are some good passages on the two tracks of this album but overall a bit boring album
- Expensive Shit by Fela Kuti & Africa 70 (nr 24): some good grooving on this one but not an album to sit down and listen to many times.
- One Size Fits All by Frank Zappa (nr 25): Only Pro-jama People is good.
- Si On Avait Besoin D'Une Cinquiรจme Saison by Harmonium (nr 26): I first was a bit confused by the title of this album because it is often called Les cinq saisons. I have to say I'm fairly impressed by this Canadian Folk-prog. The instrumentation is very good and on the first four tracks they succeed into building something exciting. In my view the fifth and final track drags on a bit and is somewhat boring. That's why I finally decided not to include this album in personal top chart.
The next album to listen to is The Snow Goose by Camel.
|
|
|
|
dihansse
dihansse
Profile
- #269
- Posted: 04/15/2017 16:43
|
Just one album:
The Snow Goose by Camel (nr 29 on the overall BEA top chart of 1975): just to say I liked this album I think I've heard before because the theme which comes back a lot really appeals to me: This is to me a fine mixture of Pink Floyd, Philippe Glass and Mike Oldfield. Maybe you'll find this weird but there's really a lot of prog which to me is in many cases a reason for noodling but not here. There are a few excepts which might be a bit boring but in the overall picture is rather convincing. For example a very slow and short piano piece like Fritha Alone has a very moving feel around it. So this is an an album I will put in my personal top chart.
Btw on Apple music there is a version of this album with four additional tracks which are other versions of the tracks which appear on the original version of this album and which really add up to its overall quality.
The next album to listen to is Godbluff by Van Der Graaf Generator.
|
|
|
|
dihansse
dihansse
Profile
- #270
- Posted: 04/17/2017 17:02
|
- Godbluff by Van Der Graaf Generator (nr 30 on the overall BEA top chart of 1975): I didn't like this album at all.
- Welcome To My Nightmare by Alice Cooper (nr 31): only Women Bleed is my favourite Alice Cooper song and apart from that also Steven is good. They are both examples of the orchestrated sound of this album but they work. This is a bit less the case for the other tracks on this album and especially the harder songs are not really my thing but overall I just have to put this record in my personal top chart if only for the two aforementioned standouts.
- The Who By Numbers by The Who (nr 33): many people think that Squeezebox is a bit juvenile but I really like this song and in fact this is the only track of the album I know. The other tracks were a pleasant surprise so I wonder why I didn't check them out earlier. So I could call this album a discovery.
- Fly By Night by Rush (nr 34): in their earlier years, like on this album, Rush was to me a bit better than in their later years but even on the tracks are a bit better like on Best I can I'm still annoyed by the voice of Geddy Lee.
- Face The Music by Electric Light Orchestra (nr 36): For this one I'm going back to excellent Listmeister Listens Music Diary I really appreciated and where I learnt that there were a few ELO albums still to discover and this is one of those. Of course I know Strange Magic and Evil Woman but the rest of the tracks were new to me and I must say they are absolutely great and again a big discovery (at least I know that one ๐ ), especially Nightrider and Poker. Btw my dream is to do something similar on other related artists like Dinosaur Jr/Sebadoh/etc, Pixies/Breeders/etc, Hรผsker Dรผ/Nova Mob/Sugar/etc, etc.
- Marcus Garvey by Burning Spear (nr 37): I quite liked this quintessential reggae album but the point is: there are no really standouts and that's why after a bit of doubt I decided not to include this album in my personal top chart of the year.
- Nighthawks At The Diner by Tom Waits (nr 38 ): funny concept: inviting an audience to a studio, serve them a few drinks and pretend that it's a bar concert. This ex makes for funny introductions to the many tracks on this album. But apart maybe for Better Off Without A Wife, there are no real highlights on this album so I won't include this album either.
- Crisis? What Crisis? by Supertramp (nr 39): A Soapbox Opera is one of my favorite Supertramp tracks and I also know most of the other tracks but I never listened to the full album and I did make a few discoveries like Another Man's Woman which is really good. So again a welcome addition to my personal top chart of 1975.
- Coney Island Baby by Lou Reed (nr 40): and another of those albums: I know Kicks and Coney Island Baby but the other tracks were fairly new to me and again I must admit my ignorance because again this album was a real discovery and especially She's My Best Friend is a real good track with an excellent guitar solo to top it off.
- Still Crazy After All These Years by Paul Simon (nr 41): and my enthusiasm is starting to get a bit boring: I think this must the record chain of discoveries in this whole project. Again the hits are known to me: 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover and the title song but the absolute highlight is my personal favorite of Paul Simon (and Art Garfunkel): My Little Town: I'm a real sucker for this absolutely contagious track I never fail to feel happy while listening to it. The other tracks are less known to me but even the mellower songs like Night Game are really good. I think this will become my favorite individual Paul Simon album.
The next album of 1975 I will listen to is Atlantic Crossing with the fantastic Sailing on it, a song that really brings back my youth but again I never bothered to listen to the full album.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
New topic Post reply
|
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
|
| Page 27 of 195 |
|
|
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|
|
|
| |