Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by wenny (2022)
- Chart updated: 10/03/2022 07:45
- (Created: 02/17/2019 06:30).
- Chart size: 100 albums.
There are 6 comments for this chart from BestEverAlbums.com members and Top 100 Greatest Music Albums has an average rating of 90 out of 100 (from 12 votes). Please log in or register to leave a comment or assign a rating.
View the complete list of 47,000 charts on BestEverAlbums.com from The Charts page.
Don't agree with this chart? Create your own from the My Charts page!
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums composition
|Boards Of Canada||2||2%|
|Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds||2||2%|
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums chart changes
| Up 7 from 42nd to 35th|
What's Going On
by Marvin Gaye
| Up 4 from 69th to 65th|
by Nirvana (US)
| Up 4 from 68th to 64th|
by Big Brave
| Down 41 from 51st to 92nd|
Silent Hill 2
by 山岡 晃 [Akira Yamaoka]
| Down 38 from 43rd to 81st|
by John Coltrane
| Down 29 from 13th to 42nd|
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums similar charts
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Kurtco (2019)
- My Personal Ranking of Rate Your Music's Top 100 by Xxnu99etxX (2020)
- PPV Overall Ranking by bea (2021)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by LAF2 (2018)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by barbarossa (2022)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by scwrlw (2022)
- Ranking the BEA top 1000 by track score by Johnnyo (2022)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Chicken4Sale (2018)
- Ya joking? Should've been higher! All Time edition by Purplepash (2022)
- Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by MoneyBeGreen (2022)
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums similarity to your chart(s)
Not a member? Registering is quick, easy and FREE!
- Join a passionate community of over 50,000 music fans.
- Create & share your own charts.
- Have your say in the overall rankings.
- Post comments in the forums and vote on polls.
- Comment on or rate any album, artist, track or chart.
- Discover new music & improve your music collection.
- Customise the overall chart using a variety of different filters & metrics.
- Create a wishlist of albums.
- Help maintain the BEA database.
- Earn member points and gain access to increasing levels of functionality!
- ... And lots more!
Register now - it only takes a moment!
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums ratings
av = trimmed mean average rating an item has currently received.
n = number of ratings an item has currently received.
m = minimum number of ratings required for an item to appear in a 'top-rated' chart (currently 10).
AV = the site mean average rating.
Showing latest 5 ratings for this chart. | Show all 12 ratings for this chart.
|Rating||Date updated||Member||Chart ratings||Avg. chart rating|
Outliers can be removed when calculating a mean average to dampen the effects of ratings outside the normal distribution. This figure is provided as the trimmed mean. A high standard deviation can be legitimate, but can sometimes indicate 'gaming' is occurring. Consider a simplified example* of an item receiving ratings of 100, 50, & 0. The mean average rating would be 50. However, ratings of 55, 50 & 45 could also result in the same average. The second average might be more trusted because there is more consensus around a particular rating (a lower deviation).
(*In practice, some charts can have several thousand ratings)
This chart is rated in the top 3% of all charts on BestEverAlbums.com. This chart has a Bayesian average rating of 89.5/100, a mean average of 92.5/100, and a trimmed mean (excluding outliers) of 92.5/100. The standard deviation for this chart is 8.0.
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums favourites
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums comments
Showing all 6 comments |
Most Helpful First | Newest First | Maximum Rated First | Longest Comments First
(Only showing comments with -2 votes or higher. You can alter this threshold from your profile page. Manage Profile)
Gotta love Björk !!!
Even with some artists I really dislike such as the White Stripes and Pavement, this is a solid chart.
There are some minor surprises like Isis, Ulver, and Les Rallizes Dénudés, but in the main this is just a well-thought out and effective chart.
Delightful range of great albums from diverse styles of music.
Vespertine in the top 10! Pretty solid all around, nothing I dislike, great chart.
Really solid rock chart. I like the hip-hop picks, too. Only stuff I can't get into is Tool, Swans, and Nine Inch Nails (not melodic enough for me). Also Queens of the Stone Age... is there a particular album to start with by them cause I really don't like their few songs that I've heard. I'm a big Dead Weather fan, though!
I think there's nothing to dislike here. Love every single album except King Krule, and that's because my friend with terrible taste in music likes him so I dislike him by default :D
Jokes aside, anyone who has Crimson's debut, Rain Dogs, Vespertine, White Pony, Madvillainy and The Roots that high deserves a medal.
Your feedback for Top 100 Greatest Music Albums
A lot of hard work happens in the background to keep BEA running, and it's especially difficult to do this when we can't pay our hosting fees :(
We work very hard to ensure our site is as fast (and FREE!) as possible, and we respect your privacy.